NL4 connector

Anyone else built terminal plates with these? I just have tech drawing and wanted to know how snug the 1.22" Dia fitting actually is.

dx2ehzfha6qv.png
Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,967
    It is pretty snug. The connector also has an o ring built in for an air tight seal
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • VR3
    I included one in the box with seans plate
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    @Toolfan66 @stainless0steel2

Brian made some plates and then powder coated them. all I had to do was knock a bit of the powder coating off and press in. It's tight but not unbearably tight. Good and snug I'd say.
  • VR3
    This is not a standard nl4 jack, this is the all metal version thats a little bit bigger in overall diameter
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,636
    edited October 2020
    So is the 1.22" ID Correct for the one you sent?
    Also 1.150 on square will be taps. Did you use 6-32 bolts. Thats what I tapped the NL2's for.

There is another "NL4" drawing that has same ID as the NL2 plates I made. Thats the hang up. I'm in shop today and want to get these knocked out.
    The NL2 socket can be retro-fitted with these larger Dia. NLT4 sockets, so I'm modding a set and working on the patina to match all the billet RD0 tweeter plates.... I'm using a Scotch Brite pad at 290rpm.... Hits the spot...

3c72bmke5jys.jpg

umoxkzin09y6.jpg

• VR3
    edited October 2020
    There are two nl4 jacks.

A d connector and a g connector.

The g connector is wider, its an all metal chassis.

The d connector matches the nl2, plastic nl4, xlr jacks, etc

And yes 1.22 is correct
  • xschop
    edited October 2020
    Ok so these are good to go. Thanks for confirming. I'll tap them 6-32 on 1.150 square and send stainless screws with them.

Hope Ace Ventura didn't get ahold of the package lol
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    VR3 wrote: »
    This is not a standard nl4 jack, this is the all metal version thats a little bit bigger in overall diameter

Gotcha I didn't realize that.
  • xschop
    Yeah, by the tech drawing and pics it looks like the actual connection has more surface area, so definitely an improvement over NL2.
  • ptrooper
    ptrooper Posts: 501
    Sweet.These will be set up for biwires!?
  • xschop
    These have 1/2" diameter holes at 5 and 7 o'clock. If you or Trey would like, I can add 2 more at 11 and 1 oclock
  • ptrooper
    ptrooper Posts: 501
    I think 10 and 2 is closer to stock plate but Trey will confirm positioning needed.
  • VR3
    Correct, 10/2 and 5/7 is the closest arrangement of the stock terminal cup.
  • xschop
    Ok. I'll make the top holes at 10 & 2 then.