Are you READY for some FOOTBALL!!!

Options

Comments

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Rodney Dangerfield, Bob Nelson and an Entire Football Team (1984)....classic

https://youtu.be/dMR2C09hmhA
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    I hate everybody except the Raiders and Jets but I loved some of the great players especially the Chiefs one of the great old school rivalries. My favourite Marcus Allen jerseys is a Chief's jersey.
  • afterburnt
    Options
    Montana ended up there and I hate the **** out of the Niners.
  • afterburnt
    Options
    Curtis Martin, so worth watching. Can't seem to find the interview with him and his Mom which is great. It's on my "Jets complete history" dvd. Some of the last money the NFL got out of me.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,015
    edited September 2020
    Options
    I think some NFL coaches should protest their fines for not wearing a mask properly or not at all. $100K fines EACH they said... >:)

Maybe the NFL heads will show mercy and understanding and let them continue to wear them any way they want to if at all. Drop the fines! The players don't have to wear masks... swth! :s

I watched a little of the chiefs yesterday and a little of the Saints tonight. It looks like the man in charge of what we see on TV ( director of video I think ) mainly shows us the front of players and distant shots 95% of the time. That way, we can't read what's on the back of their helmets neck protector. Slick!

My wife said the refs were for the Raiders tonight. She thought it was obvious too. I guess it's easy to call penalties or not when the 50,000+ pr.s of eye balls aren't watching from all around the field. I saw some none calls the little time I watched yesterday (Sun.). :s

I'll bet the "behind closed door" betters are loving this.

One more thing. I heard there were a lot of injured "high level and important" players already. That's got to suck when there's nobody in the stands and viewership is down.
    It's like we have to hear it on the news and our PCs or whatever. I heard Garoppolo was out already and McCaffrey too. :#

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,679
    Options
    ^^^^^ Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn lived in Vermont for several years. He would always take my calls, but our conversations were short because we couldn't understand each other very well. :'(
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,958
    Options
    afterburnt wrote: »
    ftblb6130z6o.jpg
    Is that....you??
  • Tony M
    Options
    ftblb6130z6o.jpg

gdz7v3csxdpn.png
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,679
    Options
    HA! Charles Bronson also lived in Vermont from 1973 onward.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,094
    Options
    Any of you guys give two shitniks about a trip to the Super Bowel?

https://nflepsilon.jebbit.com/7mktomsp?L=Email&JC=CBS&et_cid=136092&et_rid=71766680
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Tony M
    Options
    Not really. :neutral:

I'm sad for the thousands if not millions of business owners and employees who won't earn a dime or just a little throughout this season. And then the big one...how in the heck does the NFL pay for their stadiums and everything else now???
    Taxpayer funding ?

So...Trillions of $$$$$$$$$ will now be lost to hard working people in the hotel, travel, food and vendors of all sorts. And this Covid is supposed to be easily controlled shortly AFTER the turn of the year.

New Years Eve in Times Square has now been cancelled for people participation I heard.

Maybe there should be a protest in Times Square over that.

• krazypolk
    Options
    Sports have been unwatchable for me. Even my beloved collegiate football has let me down. When is normal supposed to return?
  • afterburnt
    Options
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    ftblb6130z6o.jpg
    Is that....you??

No, l haven't been to the Gulag yet.
  • afterburnt
    Options
    https://youtu.be/XPv9uhfoy_0
    Watch a 6' plus run like walking.
  • afterburnt
    Options
    He looks like slow motion
  • BlueBirdMusic
    Options
    Bruce, thanks for posting the Eric Dickerson video. I had not seen it previously.

The video is incredible just like Eric Dickerson was an incredible running back. He seems to be a happy man in all of his endeavors.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
    Options
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
    Options
    So last week when the Bears beat Tom Brady, he doesn’t shake Foles hand after the game. The poor sport just runs off the field.

Today his team beats Green Bay and he’s close enough to Rodgers you would think they were going to kiss.
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • Tony M
    edited October 2020
    Options
    I heard it was a tie-breaker game. Each one had beat the other once in their long careers. :)

I'll bet more people wanted Rodgers to win!

I saw a couple of minutes of it but really didn't care this year. SAD. :/
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,094
    Options
    Stuff like this is why football is dead to me... even the announcers can't keep their mouths shut.

https://defector.com/joe-buck-troy-aikman-packers-buccaneers-fox-sports/
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • CottageChz
    Options
    announcers are paid to open their mouths ;)
  • Tony M
    Options
    Stuff like this is why football is dead to me... even the announcers can't keep their mouths shut.

https://defector.com/joe-buck-troy-aikman-packers-buccaneers-fox-sports/

Those 2 are &%$#e$ @f &%%t in my opinion now. I can't believe what I just heard them say... :o>:)

Troy...you can go crawl back under your rock...pardner. ;)

Troy must've donated a ton of $$$$$ to H&*&^%'s campaign and got nothing in return. He's like the rest, mad their money zapped into thin air. 2+ billion...given, then nothing in return but a book they have to spend more on... :s

Next...I guess they'll cheer a stadium's denial to fly the USA flags too. They all won't want to offend anybody in a B/H admin., right?

Patrick Mahomes made a public statement in a commercial a couple of weeks ago...
    He WAS a favorite player of my wife and I.
    Now he's just a favorite of my wife's. ;)

• Tony M
    edited October 2020
    Options
    CottageChz wrote: »

Not like that... :s

Since when do football announcers voice their opinion where American tax-dollars go or don't go? And then where $$ is spent depending who's in the Oval Office?

I'm 63 and don't ever remember hearing that kind of anti-traditional garbage.

Even though those fans LOVED the "Fly-over" it is obvious the announcers are blind to it because of .... you know...
  • afterburnt
    Options
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
    CottageChz wrote: »

So are .....you know.
    Sal Palooza
  • Tony M
    Options
    I hear Robert Kraft loves Florida.
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,958
    Options
    Cut it....with a Sawzall.