Searching crossover LSI9

Options
I'm looking for a crossover for polk audio lsi9.
If someone has one and sells it to me.
thank you

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    Options
    You don't need to replace the entire crossover if yours has damaged components as they can be replaced.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• cmartinez
    Options
    with the transport the plate broke, also the main coil. :-(
    a shame
  • F1nut
    Options
    Ouch

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    Options
    Have you checked eBay?

President of Club Polk

• cmartinez
    Options
    Yes, but at the moment there are none.
    Would also be one of lsic?
  • krazypolk
    Options
    cmartinez wrote: »
    Yes, but at the moment there are none.
    Would also be one of lsic?

What are you trying to say in your second sen?
  • cmartinez
    Options

I do not know if it is worth tremien that of lsic for lsi9
  • cmartinez
    Options
    Crossover of LSIC works in a lsi9?

in case they sell any
  • krazypolk
    Options
    So basically you're wondering if you can replace the lsi9 crossover for one from an lsic?

I don't know the answer to that. Perhaps someone else can chime in.
  • F1nut
    Options
    No, it's a different crossover.

President of Club Polk

• cmartinez
    Options
    yes is that.
    thanks you
  • krazypolk
    Options
    That's bad news for you @cmartinez because I have a parts lsic and it does have the crossover.
  • F1nut
    Options
    Tell ya'll what, I could be wrong, so check with member VR3 as I'm sure he will have the definitive answer.

President of Club Polk

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,052
    Options
    Crossover is different between the lsic and lsi9
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • F1nut
    Options
    Thank you Trey.

President of Club Polk

• VR3
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Imo, you can fix that crossover pretty easily, the wire that is broke off, separated from the board, you can drill a hole in the board it broke from in the same trace, scrape off the coating and solder in place.

The broke inductor lead, scrape off the coating off each end, bend a hook then insert a small wire between them, apply hot glue to reattach inductor

Maybe take half a hour
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • F1nut
    Options
    I'm seeing multiple dents/gouges in one inductor. If the coating is damaged, highly likely, that would not be good.

President of Club Polk

• cmartinez
    cmartinez Posts: 24
    edited September 2020
    Options
    the crossover of the LSIC is the mod re3610-1
    the crossover of the LSI9 is the mod re3608-1

With the krazypolk crossover and its mainborard, isn't it easier to repair?

using your coil?

Aesthetically they are very similar.
  • cmartinez
    Options
    ejks3r7i8gx7.jpg

crossover lsic "internet"
  • cmartinez
    Options
    VR3 wrote: »
    Imo, you can fix that crossover pretty easily, the wire that is broke off, separated from the board, you can drill a hole in the board it broke from in the same trace, scrape off the coating and solder in place.

The broke inductor lead, scrape off the coating off each end, bend a hook then insert a small wire between them, apply hot glue to reattach inductor

Maybe take half a hour

Wish you were here. :-)

I do not know anything about electronics .... although I will try.
  • F1nut
    Options
    If Trey says they are different you can take that to the bank!!!

President of Club Polk

• VR3
    Options
    Yeah they are similar but different, the tweeter network and lower frequency driver portion of the circuits are notably different.

You could, in essence rob your lsi9 board to possibly populate onto a lsic board but i suspect fixing or finding the right crossover would make more sense as the layout is pretty different.
  • cmartinez
    Options
    VR3 wrote: »

Maybe take half a hour

Tomorrow I will try what you have told me about the holes. With a dremel.
    I'll put a photo.
  • cmartinez
    Options
    haevxbrupced.jpg

Will this work like this?

Or can a bridge be made in the broken area?
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,585
    Options
    I don't think that is savable. Each one of those wires is coated in enamal so not to short on one another. No way to solder enameled pieces.