Planet of the Humans

Options
A 2020 documentary using 20+ year old examples of technology with Michael Moore's fingerprints all over it. What a bunch of bullsh*t!

Couldn't watch the whole thing. In his defense he claims the message was not meant to say renewable energy was a farce.....so why then did they say it?
Yep, my name really is Bob.
Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.

Comments

• SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,521
    Options
    The planet is ours to use.
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,372
    edited September 2020
    Options
    For those who are curious it's on Youtube for free (other than one's time). Youtube videos can be watched at double speed for extra fun times. :)

Michael Moore was a producer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zk11vI-7czE
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,972
    edited September 2020
    Options
    SIHAB wrote: »
    The planet is ours to use.

Well, the real problem is over population. Families that continue to have 5 to 10 kids are short sighted and self centered. You don;t need a bunch of kids to run a farm or any business these days....IMHO.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,437
    Options
    Sounds like we're fu*ked.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • muncybob
    Options
    Yep. According to scientists a few years back if we passed a certain milestone in parts per million carbon(?) in the upper atmosphere there is no correcting the demise of the planet. Well, apparently we have passed that marker by leaps and bounds :(
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,579
    Options
    Methane is far worse that carbon and the planet belches that every day....
    All on its own.
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,521
    edited September 2020
    Options
    "Well, the real problem is over population."

Actually, the world can sustain a lot more people that we have.
    This opinion was from someone a lot smarter that I who studied
    the issue for over two years for the government.

"According to scientists a few years back if we passed a certain milestone in parts per million carbon(?) in the upper atmosphere there is no correcting the demise of the planet."

I wouldn't be too worried about it. We should be smart stewards of the planet
    but...
    we need more Elephants.

Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • audioluvr
    Options
    The hippie movement of the 60' s had it right. But who wants to live in a teepee and raise your own food with your own human waste?
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited September 2020
    Options
    I lived in a commune for 3 years. We rustled cow patties from the farm next door for our gardens.

Good times it was. Then I put on a tie and became exactly what I was against joining the corporate world in the 80's.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    I agree that the planet is over populated. We need an expanded space program to start colonizing the planets, and eventually the stars.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • motorhead43026
    Options
    ^^ the elites will be the ones escaping. While the rest drown in their and our own shet.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

• kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,959
    Options
    ^^ the elites will be the ones escaping. While the rest drown in their and our own shet.
    Escaping to Mars via Space Ex. While I am a complete supporter of technology and innovation, this folly of exploring Mars for human habitation is a complete waste of resources.
  • muncybob
    Options
    Prolly just turn out to be another planet we ruin.
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited September 2020
    Options
    ^^ I agree, it would be much better to invest in taking care of what we have.

Greed consumes all.

• afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    Weren't we all supposed to be dead by the 70's when we ran out of food oil Velveeta
    and air because of overpopulation?
  • afterburnt
    Options
    Chicken Littles are a joke. We were put here to subdue nature kick **** and chew bubble gum
  • afterburnt
    Options
    Furthermore if we go stinct it's supposed to be that way according to the godless Darwinist.
  • motorhead43026
    Options
    ^^ well, after all the world is only 6000 years old....lol.

• afterburnt
    Options
    How bout a little fire scarecrow?
  • invalid
    invalid Posts: 1,278
    Options
    The alarmists were telling us there was global cooling back in the late 70's, then they said the planet was warming (AKA) global warming, now it's climate change. No wonder some people don't take them seriously.
  • afterburnt
    Options
    It's a wonder anyone takes them seriously.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,579
    Options
    Yep I remember them screaming about the coming Ice Age in the mid 70's. I had to do a school project on it in 4th grade. Our planet has always went through cooling and warming periods from inception. I'll agree that some 3rd world country's are exacerbating the problems by deforestation of the rain forest and other areas on the planet. Heck in just my short life I've seen the destruction of millions and millions of acre's from forest to grow crops for just a few seasons before the cut more.

I for one do not know how the billions of people will turn it around. Going completely green will just bring a whole set of new problems that no one thought of.
  • invalid
    Options
    afterburnt wrote: »
    It's a wonder anyone takes them seriously.

That's what I meant
  • invalid
    Options
    If climate change is so bad then why did china get a pass, when they have the most people and put out the most pollution, something doesn't add up.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Don't forget India... :# #2 polluter I believe.

I think I heard Mt. Saint Helens put out more pollution than the USA does in a year or more.
    Apparently I'm WRONG! ... :s
    https://skepticalscience.com/1980_mt_st_helens_eruption_co2_emissions_compared_to_us_transportation_sector.html

I like how Canada at least plants trees after they cut some down. I think they've been doing that for 40 years. Forest regrowth management and renewable planning.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,100
    Options
    muncybob wrote: »

Perhaps we already ruined Mars and that’s how we got stuck on this shithole... :p
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • afterburnt
    Options
  • afterburnt
    Options
    muncybob wrote: »

Perhaps we already ruined Mars and that’s how we got stuck on this shithole... :p

You mean like Detroit?
  • audioluvr
    Options
    I turned off all the lights in my house, TV's off, now WTF am I supposed to do! Maybe Monopoly? No that's a game that sensationalizes industrial greed. Heck I can't even mow my lawn! Russian roulette is starting to sound fun!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC