Planet of the Humans

Options
2»

Comments

• invalid
    invalid Posts: 1,276
    Options
    audioluvr wrote: »
    I turned off all the lights in my house, TV's off, now WTF am I supposed to do! Maybe Monopoly? No that's a game that sensationalizes industrial greed. Heck I can't even mow my lawn! Russian roulette is starting to sound fun!

You can't participate in any physical activity, because then your breathing harder and producing 8 times as much Co2 than when you are relaxing.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,037
    Options
    invalid wrote: »
    audioluvr wrote: »
    I turned off all the lights in my house, TV's off, now WTF am I supposed to do! Maybe Monopoly? No that's a game that sensationalizes industrial greed. Heck I can't even mow my lawn! Russian roulette is starting to sound fun!

You can't participate in any physical activity, because then your breathing harder and producing 8 times as much Co2 than when you are relaxing.

This was written in a different time, about a different kind of "energy crisis", but it may be ironically cogent, (even) again today :|
    https://youtu.be/UcTxS65tFfI

PS Please don't read too much into the album title -- it refers to the banality of so much late-70's white (pop) music (I think).

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,432
    Options
    invalid wrote: »

That's what my GF said! This sucks!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • bikezappa
    bikezappa Posts: 2,463
    Options
    Nature bats last.
  • Hansvelton
    Options
    I think the real issue, we as humans only can contribute a small portion to the atmosphere, in comparison to natural methane that is produced and carbon dioxide compared to volcanoes, that totally dwarf "our" contribution, for many years.

The tree huggers want us to ignore the Earth's natural carbon dioxide and methane production, and only look at our human made contribution.

But how is that actual science, to ignore the far larger part, and focus in on only the small contribution that can not effectively be changed much relatively?
  • audioluvr
    edited September 2020
    Options
    I think the biggest concern should be when we run out of petroleum. That when ships really going to hit the fan.
    Post edited by audioluvr on
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,015
    Options
    That's a big 10-4! ^^^^^^^
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,909
    edited October 2020
    Options
    I read an article numerous years ago that said when the communists realized they couldn't take over the country with their movement they joined the environmentalists movement thinking they could get control that way. Interesting article.

Kind of like a current movement today.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited October 2020
    Options
    ^^ yeah, being for clean air and water is a commie plot. No doubt corporate America could get behind that.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • audioluvr
    Options
    The McCarthy's of this world think everyone is a commie except them
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    Milito wrote: »
    I read an article numerous years ago that said when the communists realized they couldn't take over the country with their movement they joined the environmentalists movement thinking they could get control that way. Interesting article.

Kind of like a current movement today.

Like I said, The Watermelons. The communist coined that phrase themselves. Green on the outside red on the inside.