• afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    0q8ukv5ly1ee.jpg
    My hermetically sealed roll up door
  • afterburnt
    Options
    Lol waiting on the brush seals, the door is still all but a vent.
  • afterburnt
    Options
    The floor is like yoga mats easy on the feet and give an "R" factor.
  • afterburnt
    Options
    Need some kind of mounts for the Monitor II 40's any suggestions?
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
    Yeah
    Get some mounts.
    Sal Palooza
  • fish357
    fish357 Posts: 304
    Options
    Bailing wire and drywall screws?

@afterburnt - What kind of bike you riding?
    Just got rid of my trusty Trek, and got ran over on my Schwinn Premis.
    I’m on a Specialized Sirrus Elite now, but miss the Schwinn.
  • afterburnt
    Options
    @fish357 I haven't rode it in a few years by now it's rusty and crusty. Says "Diamondback" alloy frame disk brakes and 50 speed lol.
  • fish357
    Options
    I noticed the crankset looks pretty nice. Those are great bikes.
  • afterburnt
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Note the Glock holster lol. Ride or die.
  • fish357
    edited September 2020
    Options
    The Specialized I ride now.evhpvaqd5m3g.jpeg
    The Schwinn I bought new in 1988.This was taken right before it got hit in January. Best bike ever.g6iszfjlameu.jpeg
    afterburnt wrote: »
    Note the Glock holster lol. Ride or die.
    Nice little kydex feller. You ride open carry?
    What- a 27, or that new baby 9? What is that, a model 43? I can’t keep up.
    The bike looks to be about 2007, or so. It’s in decent shape. That rear cassette, holy cats!

• afterburnt
    Options
    Yes with a G26 probably shouldn't though, I don't like to draw attention.
  • afterburnt
    Options
    Did you know that there's like a nationwide bicycle shortage?
  • fish357
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Nice. I like that one. If you check anything self defense oriented on YouTube, check out a guy named hickock45. He’s a great shot and huge glock geek.
    If I’m in long pants, you’d never know I have a tomcat On my ankle. I hate attention too, plus, the element of surprise is a real bonus in a tight situation.
    Yeah I do, my girls father is a bicycle mechanic.
    Should never have sold my Trek. Oh well.
    Definitely not getting rid of the Specialized. Ha
  • Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,623
    Options
    Did you know that there's like a nationwide bicycle shortage?

Crazy bike shortage. All the way up multi thousand dollar high end bikes.

I got really lucky when I nabbed my new bike this summer before the company really started to have prolonged back orders.

I recently put a tv and stereo in my garage, also to help myself get nothing done.
  • afterburnt
    Options
    h4lzbnizoc97.jpg
    Got some mounts. It's still a mess multiple projects to go. I need to fire the project manager.
  • BlueBirdMusic
    Options
    @afterburnt, is that a weighted blanket on the door?
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • motorhead43026
    Options
    Interior design by Harbor Freight.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,037
    Options
    Interior design by Harbor Freight.

Next best thing to "interiors via the town dump's swap pile".

I really, truly planned to decorate this house with dump-find furniture, but the Harvard town dump stopped letting people leave furniture on the swap pile before the house was finished -- so we only have a couple-three dump-find pieces here. :)

• afterburnt
    Options
    @afterburnt, is that a weighted blanket on the door?

Harbor freight moving blankets, magnets and a tarp for good measure.
  • Upstatemax
    Options
    h4lzbnizoc97.jpg
    Got some mounts. It's still a mess multiple projects to go. I need to fire the project manager.

Why are you watching little kids?

The A/C is a nice touch. We are considering a new house, if we do move I have made it a stipulation that one bay of the new garage is the “bike cave” and it will be temperature controlled.
  • afterburnt
    edited September 2020
    Options
    @Upstatemax That's my "NY Jets Complete History" DVD playing copyright 2007. I doubt any of those kids are still playing football. I got it mostly for the 68 Jets Superbowl III, the first Superbowl that I ever watched on a black and white TV. The New York Sack Exchange days were pretty cool too.

BTW the shed would be kindda useless as a shop a lot of the time with the temperature extremes here. I am really curious to see if this heat pump functions once it gets down to the teens, I hear most quit working once the temperature gets down to the twentys but I have one of those electric radiator looking things if it does.
  • afterburnt
    Options
    I am gonna put my little motel style refrigerator/freezer out here then all I need is a radiator funnel some hose and a potato masher then I will never have to go in the house.
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    I just had a hallucination of Admiral Ackbar bellowing
    It's a tarp!

w41ot6878okx.png
  • Upstatemax
    Options
    @Upstatemax That's my "NY Jets Complete History" DVD playing copyright 2007. I doubt any of those kids are still playing football. I got it mostly for the 68 Jets Superbowl III, the first Superbowl that I ever watched on a black and white TV. The New York Sack Exchange days were pretty cool too.

ufmbrdrtk5yr.jpeg

Doesn’t matter how old they are now, stop watching kids!

Haha.

• afterburnt
    Options
    @Upstatemax lol I was already old in 07 ugh.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,015
    Options

BTW the shed would be kindda useless as a shop a lot of the time with the temperature extremes here. I am really curious to see if this heat pump functions once it gets down to the teens, I hear most quit working once the temperature gets down to the twentys but I have one of those electric radiator looking things if it does.

You are right about the heat pump.

If you have humidity in the air at those low teens, there's heat to be exchanged. Not very much, but ours has done well down here in NC. so far.

I heard ( a long time ago ) those portable radiator heaters SUCK electricity big time. :s
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    A pure-play heat pump does its heat exchanging with a compressible gas (some sort of chlorofluorcarbon -- the ozone-friendly, modern cousin of old-school Freon) and doesn't require humidity. It's basically an air conditioner that can run in either direction, as required, to bring the air temperature to a desired set point.

Ours will work with modest efficiency (60 percent) down to something like -20 degrees F. I am a big fan (no pun intended... well... not really, anyway).

• afterburnt
    Options
    @mhardy6647 are you running "mini splits" ? If so which ones?
  • mhardy6647
    edited September 2020
    Options
    @mhardy6647 are you running "mini splits" ? If so which ones?

Yeppers. Mitsubishi High-Efficency (H2I). We now have two outside units (three inside) now, mostly for A/C but also for milder weather heat and as a backup in case anything bad happens to the boiler (or if we run outta propane). Electricity comes from the sun (mostly), so they're basically cost-free to run, and quiet, too.

Here's a not particularly good photo of the current install (don't mind the weeds).
    I told Mrs. H that our house has become the energy equivalent of a mullet. Business in the front, party in the back.

l4erdznzv8cr.jpg