CSi5 Buzzing

Options
My CSi5 has recently developed a buzzing a higher volumes. I have the speaker under my TV on the angle side and the buzzing is from the right speaker. The left speaker and tweeter still sound great. Not sure if its a speaker issue or crossover....is there any replacement parts or am I stuck buying a new center?
If life had more tubes it would be a lot smoother.

Comments

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    I used a can of Raid once to stop the buzzing...

Sounds like a blown tweet and/or crossover component. Have you pulled out the board?

Post pics
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • chargerman426
    Options
    I actually just swapped the woofer side to side and the buzzing followed. Followed that test up by removing the suspected dead woofer and the buzzing went away... shocked a woofer just gave up the ghost without any warning. Its always been run on my Sunfire signature 7x400 amp so clean powered wasn't an issue. There is one woofer for sale on ebay so I guess thats the next step.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,805
    Options
    Doubt it's the crossover. You could try swapping the left and right drivers. If the buzz follows you'll know what the problem is.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• chargerman426
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    Doubt it's the crossover. You could try swapping the left and right drivers. If the buzz follows you'll know what the problem is.

We must have been typing at the same time. What are the odds that Polk has a replacement woofer for this speaker?
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,805
    Options
    Not sure, you'll have to call Polk.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,981
    Options
    I have seen several CSi5s pop up on eBay for less than $100 over the years. That’s probably they better way to go. Then you have backup drivers...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • chargerman426
    Options
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    I have seen several CSi5s pop up on eBay for less than $100 over the years. That’s probably they better way to go. Then you have backup drivers...

I've only seen the CSi3 for under $150 myself. Polk has new drivers for $60 plus shipping and tax and that's a new drivers vs $40+tax for a used one on eBay.