Are you READY for some FOOTBALL!!!

Comments

• My Browns looked just like they did last year. As terrible as ever.

Ravens played great, as expected.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    Does anyone else see the irony in this thread?
    So thick I could cut it with a Sawzall.
  • No, not ready this year.

I think the silly crap, has simply gone too far. I will miss the fun of watching, but feel morally they lost me as a fan.
  • huggies
    huggies Posts: 149
    I admit, I'm addicted. I can't give it up. I did skip all pregame crap and only tuned in once the games started. Quickly muted if any "political" crap was raised. I watch sports to escape and relax. The only thing I want to argue about on Sunday is if that was pass interference or not.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    I must admit it was fun watching the highlight reel of Tom Brady getting his azz handed to him on a silver platter...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Steelers game has been entertaining so far. Big Ben is BACK!
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Speaking of disgusting people, whats not to love? https://youtu.be/xvjstw2kKpw
  • nooshinjohn
    la2vegas wrote: »
    I must admit it was fun watching the highlight reel of Tom Brady getting his azz handed to him on a silver platter...

I knew you couldn't stay away... kneeling or no kneeling... :*

highlights on the evening news hardly qualifies as watching...

The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    edited September 2020
    afterburnt wrote: »
    The replacement for my 20 some odd NFL jerseys

w2hvofg42nc0.jpeg

Where did you get that?

Never mind. Found it on Amazon.
  • afterburnt
    My collection of now "retired" NFL jerseys. 3. Joe Namath, Jim Otto, Ken Stabler, Fred Biletnikoff, Cliff Branch, Dave Casper, Art Shell, Gene Upshaw, John Matuszak, Otis Sistrunk, Phil Villapiano, Ted Hendricks, Alonzo Skip Thomas, Willie Brown, George Atkinson, 2. Jack Tatum, Jim Plunkett, 2. Lester Hayes. 3. Marcus Allen, Walter Payton, 2. Barry Sanders. I wasn't done collecting them but now I am. Damn shame that I will never wear them again.
  • afterburnt
    And an Al Davis Raiders Jersey numbered with the year he died.
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    SAD. We can ask how did we get here, but I'm more concerned on how far will this go. Looks like no one really cares and the snow ball is getting bigger.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Would be nice to see the salaries come down as a result of this and watch all the cryin’ and boo hoo-ing
    But I’m sure that would be like worse than systemic fascism (Sub r for the f)
  • huggies
    huggies Posts: 149
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    huggies wrote: »
    I admit, I'm addicted. I can't give it up. I did skip all pregame crap and only tuned in once the games started. Quickly muted if any "political" crap was raised. I watch sports to escape and relax. The only thing I want to argue about on Sunday is if that was pass interference or not.

Grow a set and hurt them where it counts shut off the TV.

Sorry, I'm not 12. Attacking my masculinity doesn't help your cause. I enjoy the game. The game, not the other b.s. I'll continue to ignore the pregame crap and watch the game. Well until they finish ruining the physical aspect of the game.
  • afterburnt
    I am still a super fan, da Raiders da Raiders da Raiders... When real men didn't dance...badly.

https://youtu.be/mkbDyuAUjCA

• nooshinjohn
    afterburnt wrote: »
    I am still a super fan, da Raiders da Raiders da Raiders... When real men didn't dance...badly.

I will always be a Vikings fan as well, but at this time I choose not to support the NFL with my money or my time. I hope they get their act together soon, but if not... oh well.

Ratings were down some 25 percent over last year.

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    I got things done this past weekend and last night and didn't miss it much. :|

Now like John, I saw Cam Newton in a news clip looking like his first year in the NFL. He looked like he lost 50 lbs. and he had speed and energy again. WTH? I thought Cam was washed up. I saw him LIVE a bunch of years ago in Charlotte NC. and the Panthers won in a big way against the 49ers. FUN day that was!

But now..... :#

I like hearing a little news about the NFL games ( like Brady losing his first Tampa game. But I still like Brady for what he's accomplished, deflate-gate and all. :D ) but I still have a lot of things I can be doing now that I can do things again.

I did see where a player donned the late David Dorns' name on the back of his helmet. <3

We need more players like him.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Although I quit watching sports years ago, this whining about some trivial football protests is the height of silliness.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.