Are you READY for some FOOTBALL!!!

Comments

• afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    My interest in pro sport started waning when the players were younger than my kids. I watched the last Superbowl only because my son threw a party for it. Other than that I was done when number 7 took a knee.
  • afterburnt
    edited September 2020
    https://youtu.be/TKAwPA14Ni4
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    It’s not about the cause, it’s about injecting politics into our sports and leisure after we’ve listened to it all day and night

I can understand that, which is why I personally “chose” to not watch until after kickoff.

Where's the "puke" emoji?
    Post edited by afterburnt on
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    No surprise, ratings way down.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    edited September 2020
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• afterburnt
    F1nut wrote: »

Death from within is all the rage these days.
  • Respectfully disagree.

.....stepping away from keyboard...🐸

Yikes
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    edited September 2020
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Does anyone else see the irony in this thread?
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    I see football fans that were once passionate about the game and their teams who are done with the BS. Where is the irony in that?

The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • monepolk
    monepolk Posts: 1,140
    How would you feel?"

“Imagine there is a man who, for the last five years, has assaulted you, on average, two times a year. He has raped you in the past. Then, he shows up at your house at 4:00 in the morning. You wake up to find him standing above you, you have your child in bed with you. He has his 'junk' out and then he sexually assaults you. He leaves the room, you quiet your child and go into the living room. He is gone. You look out the window and your car is gone. You check your purse, your keys and ATM card are gone.

You call the cops. Cops show up. As you cry, you describe the sexual assault. The cops tell you this man has withdrawn money from your bank account twice in the last several minutes. Okay, are you 'imagining' all that?

Well, then imagine this. The guy who sexually assaulted you has received over TWO MILLION from a 'GoFundMe' account. NFL players, such as Drew Brees, have your rapist's name on his helmet. MLB baseball players walk off the field to support your rapist. EVERY THING I JUST TYPED IS FACT! It comes from the police report on the Jacob Blake incident. Today, we have professional sports figures celebrating a friggin' rapist!

Now imagine they built statues, raised monuments, named streets, schools and forts after him.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    edited September 2020
    monepolk wrote: »

Now imagine they built statues, raised monuments, named streets, schools and forts after him.

lets dig deeper into modern times times and why these ...statues, raised monuments, named streets, schools haven't been targeted
    FDR, Eurith D. Rivers, James L. Key,William B. Hartsfield
    Public housing, and FHA...google the history

Instead of assimilation they created modern segregation
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Ok so the indirect approach didn’t work. So let’s be blunt: cut it out boys, this is an AUDIO forum.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Rooftop, This is The Clubhouse with a thread called "Are You Ready for Football ?"

Some have answered "No" with an explanation and quite a bit of restraint.

I can't explain my "No" without a scorched earth diatribe.

For those who are "enjoying" the NFL games (among others) I would suggest that you get caught up on current events.

Sal Palooza
  • afterburnt
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    Ok so the indirect approach didn’t work. So let’s be blunt: cut it out boys, this is an AUDIO forum.

I am the South Carolina woman who gouged her eyes out on meth.
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    afterburnt wrote: »
    rooftop59 wrote: »

I am the South Carolina woman who gouged her eyes out on meth.

And please don't gender me (Boys) I self identify as a 14 inch cast iron skillet..... thank you very much.

Hey Rooftop, while I'm making a joke, please don't take it personal. I'm just ducking around.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Meat puppet here
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    Da Bears second half come back was a sight to see!
    I had to go to the big screen at the bar to watch game as it was not on up here.
    Drank too many tap beers and was frustrated at the 23-3 score.
    Rode my bicycle home and took a nappy.
    Woke up and watched the highlights of the game and it was awesome!
    Love yours. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”