is nothing sacred?????

2»

Comments

• Sister in law had a Mustang II and what a horrendous POS it was.
    1st gear was geared so low that at 5 mph the engine was screaming. You could probably have hauled the Titanic up Pike's Peak in that gear.
    Bad thing was that if you tried to skip 1st gear and start out in 2nd you would lug the engine unless you slipped the clutch like Grandma on a bad hair day.
    Room ? Forget about it.
    Looks ? Ditto.

Other than that, a hell of a car. 😰
    Sal Palooza
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,307
    This kid I went to high school with had the Ghia version of that car. We never heard of it, and I still don't really know what all that means, but it was unusually quick for the 4cyl it had in it.
    I disabled signatures.
  • stevep
    stevep Posts: 327
    Reminds me of what Mitsubishi did to the Eclipse Brand... Maybe it will have a different result for Ford.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    edited August 2020
    I... I liked the looks of the Mustang II. :blush:
    My cousin had a very early one -- a fastback :) with a V6 (I think...).
    He did not like it at all (because it had no power) but it was a good looking car, thought I. Admittedly, I was pretty young in those days.

It looked like this one (i.e., the color was the same or similar).

dnllcrjxpan3.png
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Didn't all the Pinto's end up in West Virginia? I'm serious here.

I heard that 30 years ago I think.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    The core design elements were not that bad on the car, but there were too many oddly placed lines and those hideous bumpers on both ends that were just plain old ugly. Round headlights framed in square boxes is just the beginnings of the lack of imagination on display with this car.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,556
    In the 80,s they were going to make the Mustang a 4 cylinder eco box.
    No more v8 or v6. I guess history repeats itself.
    Looks like the green party wins.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    The green party wins until big old batteries start piling up.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,179
    msg wrote: »
    I heard @stangman67 Zach's on the pre-order list for two?

I can’t run away fast enough! Wouldn’t mind an actual electric mustang, but not some dumb e-suv that for some reason holds the name. Ford screwed the pooch on this one
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited August 2020
    stangman67 wrote: »

I can’t run away fast enough! Wouldn’t mind an actual electric mustang, but not some dumb e-suv that for some reason holds the name. Ford screwed the pooch on this one

Actually I think its a horse.

2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • mhardy6647
    edited August 2020
    The core design elements were not that bad on the car, but there were too many oddly placed lines and those hideous bumpers on both ends that were just plain old ugly. Round headlights framed in square boxes is just the beginnings of the lack of imagination on display with this car.

Well, the bumpers were of their time.
    Remember what happened to some of the poor British cars in those days?

qj733e2m9mah.png
    25gogg3kv4ph.png
    fu7o1owo07zh.png

... and not just the Brits...

irh3bbwh4tpa.png

The move to rectangular headlights was just on the horizon in those days -- round sealed beams were still the standard.
    Heck, the '74 Camaro pictured above kinda has the same round peg/square hole thing goin' on with its headlights, too!
  • mhardy6647
    edited August 2020
    stangman67 wrote: »

Just a name.

Lincoln Zephyr
    xbudiuh2vdwu.png

Mercury Zephyr
    klr6py34cye8.png

Lincoln Continental
    3lmjeowl8c6w.png
    5m8835rsbsf9.png

Lincoln Continental
    75bukf0cvg7c.png

Ford Thunderbird
    h5o324uyd1i8.png

Ford Thunderbird
    70o21x9nabob.png

Olds Cutlass
    y2p3ijbvs55v.png

Olds Cutlass
    zu61qz6uoyvg.png
  • mhardy6647
    edited August 2020
    Ford Ranger
    bhnzcip7axny.png

Edsel Ranger
    2mjyb6lb4g74.png

;)

• The Mustang Ii looked like a 3-way between a Pinto, an AMC Gremlin, and a Chevy Cavalier.
    .Awful on a good day.
    Sal Palooza
  • I used to have a 64 T-Bird and how they morphed it into a Ford LTD in the 70's was shameful.

Sal Palooza
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,556
    Fleet fuel standards are likely to come back with a vengeance.
    Watch all car brands panic. Not just the big three.
    Anything with a fuel based engine is going to regulated out
    of existence. Unless they adapt hydrogen based fuel,
    the two car household is going to die off. We'll all be riding a bus.
    Which is what they want. No more road trips for sure.
    Going 200 miles will be pushing the envelope for driving distance.
    Then you have to stop for a couple of hours.

"The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 1,022
    edited August 2020
    theline.jpg

Farrah was the best thing about the Mustang II.
    Until I read the comment about the front end
    of them, I thought she was the ONLY GOOD thing.
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    69 Boss is sacred , the rest are fair game.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    sucks2beme wrote: »
    In the 80,s they were going to make the Mustang a 4 cylinder eco box.
    No more v8 or v6. I guess history repeats itself.
    Looks like the green party wins.

The Ford (anal) Probe was supposed to replace the Mousetang. There was a time the EXP was considered a replacement platform as well.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • fish357
    fish357 Posts: 304
    edited September 2020
    https://youtu.be/4-7jBLqSlzg

I think that’s cool, but then Ken Block is pretty cool, too. Heheheh

Also liked the SVO from 84-86. Pretty innovative for an American car at the time, but we’ve often been behind the Japanese in car innovation.
    Toyota was getting 30mpg from a turbed up 1.7l, making over 150hp in 79. The Corvette, with the tried and true 350, was only making about 175hp around the same time.
    Ford could have done a lot worse in the 80’s with the stang. At least they didn’t sell there souls to the government a decade ago.
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Do they make a coal-fired version?
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    I used to have a 64 T-Bird and how they morphed it into a Ford LTD in the 70's was shameful.

Which then morphed into the Crown Victoria...
  • mhardy6647
    edited September 2020
    afterburnt wrote: »
    Do they make a coal-fired version?

I am gonna hold out for the wood fired, steam powered model. It's comin'.
    External combustion, baby!

One of the first land speed records (1906) was by steam power. :)
    https://www.ormondbeach.org/DocumentCenter/View/205/Land-Speed-Record-Centennial-Press-Kit?bidId=

a4vcjwo1zx4u.png

That record held for over a century. :|
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inspiration_(car)#:~:text=Inspiration holds the World Land,runs over a measured mile.