Forever pick up truck owner, but I’m leaning towards…

Comments

• GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    Drove her home today and maybe it was just me on cloud 9, but I swear heads were turning . . . She really IS a looker.

I know the drill, and will post pix in a day when the sun is shin’n and I can take some time

Wasn’t pumped up at first, but I am now. Except that I’m overwhelmed with all the frick’n knobs, buttons, settings . . . Really, too many choices

Just a heads up on the Costco membership thing. When I went to the 2nd dealer, they were about $1,100 above the supposed Costco member deal and claimed their offer was the best they could do.
    Not sure how Costco has influence and/or benefits from the relationship, but I feel a winner (maybe that’s it ((the feeling of loyalty)) ) 🥰
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • Congrats! Enjoy the new ride.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    So what did you get?
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Willow wrote: »
    So what did you get?

My guess is a horse with a bunch of saddles, but his comment about "all the frick’n knobs" suggests he might have purchased a couple of horses...
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    Subaru I assume.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Willow
    congrats on the new ride
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    pics or it didn't happen!

;)
  • Still no pics?

I bet she looks better in person anyway.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • GlennDog
    edited August 2020
    Cell phone photos . . . Best I can do

The love affair is new .... I’m digg’n her

They just called the interior “ivory“ which is completely misleading. It’s mostly black with ivory accents. I think it looks pretty freaking cool

kllzqbnbshx4.jpeg
    1268w238fxig.jpeg
    sxx29vu0tnir.jpeg
    rknu0p5ghvag.jpeg
    fkoud99fg7rn.jpeg
    8s0k7dd40kz4.jpeg
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • Purdy!...I really like the black roof rails. The way god intended.
  • mhardy6647
    I like the exterior color, too.
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    Nice color combo, congrats!
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Sweet ride!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    Pick up to soccer dad caravan....

B)

No WRX upgraded engine?

Well at least you picked a cool color combo 😜🤣😜
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,633
    Congrats on the new ride. Cool color.
  • Willow
    Hopefully you still enjoy it after the honeymoon phase is over.
  • GlennDog
    Thanks guys!
    Had her on the interstate today for about 10 miles (to my work site). Very responsive steering and she floats on air. Detroit area roads are notorious for pot holes and overall, just being crappy. This thing soaks up the chuck holes and spits out a comfy undulationing ride . . .

less than a week in and i'm very happy

91 degrees here today and the AC works as it should. Lots of glass to let the sun in, so she was working overtime
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Pick up to soccer dad caravan...
    No WRX upgraded engine?

Well at least you picked a cool color combo 😜🤣😜

Ivan,
    you dirty Doggg lol
    AFAIK, no engine options were available. Stock boxer 2.4 turbo for the entire lineup

I'm itch'n to go on a road trip. Namely Troy Fest. Perhaps I'll swing by and drag yo A$$ down there!
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited August 2020
    All those scrumptious and organic colors Subaru has you settle for blue?

Jk

Nice ride!
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    GlennDog
    Ivan,
    you dirty Doggg lol
    AFAIK, no engine options were available. Stock boxer 2.4 turbo for the entire lineup

I'm itch'n to go on a road trip. Namely Troy Fest. Perhaps I'll swing by and drag yo A$$ down there!

Did I mention that sweet ride of yours looks absolutely gorgeous 🥰
    And comfortable
  • GlennDog
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Did I mention that sweet ride of yours looks absolutely gorgeous 🥰
    And comfortable

that’s what I thought you said ... let’s see what Troy decides to do
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • mhardy6647
    saw this very vintage Subaru ad today on Flikr and thought I'd share it :) Fuji's car business has come a long way in the US in 40-plus years!

50289521372_36d5f0a16d_b.jpgSubaru by Wilbur Tench, on Flickr
  • Willow
    Cost little down the road? Tell that to all who have had engine issues....
  • GlennDog
    Willow wrote: »
    Cost little down the road? Tell that to all who have had engine issues....

I‘m not clear on the evolution of the current motors used. I’ve read there are issues with the 2.5 motor/engine.
    Ascent Subies came out with the 2.4 boxer . . . 2021 is the 3rd yr of production for the Ascent. I opted on the 2020 Limited model

btw, this very morning I visited the mechanic shop that’s working on my 2003 Silverado with Quadrasteer.
    They’re replacing Extremely Corroded fuel, brake and ps oil lines. Rotors and pads all around. Apparently, all caliper pistons are working and their bleeder screws were able to be backed-out ... and work!

Still, more cash than I wanted to dump into an 18 yr old PU with 190k on the OD.
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • Danny Tse
    Danny Tse Posts: 5,206
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    I drank the Subaru kool-aid in Dec. 2018. They are hecka-popular up here because of the quality of their AWD system. They aren't nearly as idiosyncratic as they used to be -- but they're still what they are. They seem, model by model, to slowly, asymptotically approach modernity in the way they design their cars. Historically, they don't age well. Even 10 years ago, the consensus in New England (where they are extremely popular) was when it hit 100,000 miles, ditch it and let someone else worry about it. I don't think they're quite that bad any more.

Mine is a 2019 Crosstrek, which was (and still is, at least through the 2020 model year) an older design. It is not as bland as the 2006 RAV4 it replaced, but it is pretty bland. Build quality is good. Materials are OK (good for a cheap car -- and it was cheap). What I liked about it: it was the one model that still offered a manual transmission in something other than a stripped level of trim. Oh: and the seats are comfortable. My back and thighs are much happier in the 3 hour drive to downtown Boston in this Crosstrek than they were in the RAV-4.

The Crosstrek is underpowered. It's also not particularly economical (ca. 30 mpg average), either.

The Ascent, I would expect, would be better in every respect -- it is a newer design and much, much, much more expensive.

Did you think about the Honda Pilot? Mrs H loves her CR-V.

Hope this is helpful.

EDIT: Jeeps are horrific. Even the folks I know who love them (and there are many of those up here, too) will tell you how much they love them even as they describe the expensive and numerous times they failed, stranded them, rusted away, etc., etc. I don't get it.

Resale value? Check Honda & Toyota -- I think they do better on average, at least, than Soobie.

EDIT^2: Here's a piccie of it; why not? ;)

bnus78m6f6lf.png

Here is my 2019 Crosstrek Premium....

50002792522_c4fc77b093_z.jpg

I "upgraded" from a 2016 Crosstrek Limited....

50002010798_bf225fc7b1_z.jpg

You mentioned resale value of the Subaru....I put 42,000 miles on my 2016 Crosstrek and was offered 75% of the car's original price in exchange for the purchase of the 2019. I lost the leather seats (not a fan of leather seats) and the big screen on the infotainment system (not much of a lose), but got the "Eyesight" driver assistant features. The biggest difference is really the chassis, which almost all Subarus share (except for the BRZ and WRX)....the 2019 is a much more solid car than the 2016.

• fish357
    fish357 Posts: 304
    mark090852 wrote: »
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

EDIT: Jeeps are horrific. Even the folks I know who love them (and there are many of those up here, too) will tell you how much they love them even as they describe the expensive and numerous times they failed, stranded them, rusted away, etc., etc. I don't get it.

I have owned 5 Jeeps and have driven them hard. I've never had to spend a penny for non warrantied repairs and they have never failed me. This is my current one.

50moc3srxkcw.jpg
    tbn6q7jvq404.jpg

Jeep Rubicon > Subaru.
    #truth
    If you have thousands extra to purchase a Rubicon. (;
    mark090852 wrote: »
    audioluvr wrote: »
    brakes are for sissies.

I don't know about that, but they are overrated for sure. Who needs brakes when you have airbags!

You’re married?
  • fish357
    fish357 Posts: 304
    monepolk wrote: »
    Yeah I had to replace my rusted brake lines on my 2000 Silverado. It sucks that they didn't use SS on them.

Most common problem ever for that truck.
  • Danny Tse
    Danny Tse Posts: 5,206
    edited September 2020
    Btw, check out the videos of this gentleman on youtube.....

https://www.youtube.com/user/AZdroptop/videos

He owns a 2018 Crosstrek and 2020 Jeep Wrangler (not to mention a Porsche 911 and a Subaru WRX) and he shares a lot of ownership insights. Latest video featured an off-roading Subaru Ascent.
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    edited September 2020
    Yeah good thing it was mostly gravel road. That crosstrek struggled mightily on the few off camber rutted sections. Almost no suspension travel at all to maintain traction and the cvt was like nope not doing it. Low profile tires off-roading is terrible. Can’t air down, ride will beat you to death; not to mention chewing up the wheels on the rocks.

Even though it made it, you’d have to ask yourself would you confidently go alone. If not, then it’s no good off road.

It’s awd is suited for slippery roads and that’s it. It can’t cross deep water or mud, ruts or climb over an obstacle or up an embankment. I’m sure the mpg is good though.

Guy needs the right tool for the job.