SRV Couldn’t Stand the Weather

tratliff
tratliff Posts: 1,651
edited August 2020 in Music & Movies
Received this today from Mofi. They are taking pre-orders. If this is anything like the last SRV ultradisc one-step I would not let it get away if you are into vinyl.

I placed my order.

3ui1n55mahgs.png
2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, AudioQuest Thunderbird Speaker and Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables

Comments

• Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    edited August 2020
    At $125. a pop, I have reservations :# I have an original pressing copy that sounds very good. I don't know if the One Step copy would sound ten times better ;)
    Post edited by Mike Reeter on
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,962
    There have been several MoFi releases that got my attention in recent months...that is, until I see they are 45rpm. I'm not lazy but, getting up to flip the record every 15 minutes isn't my idea of an enjoyable listening session.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • tratliff
    At $125. a pop, I have reservations :# I have an original pressing copy that sounds very good. I don't know if the One Step copy would sound ten times better ;)

Mike I have a couple of the one-step albums. They are more than likely the best sounding albums in my collection. I generally buy unopened MOFI's stretching back to the mid-70's. $125 each is a pretty regular amount to me.

And the price of this will drastically increase once they sell out. Not that I really worry about that. I will crack it open and listen whenever i receive it.

2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, AudioQuest Thunderbird Speaker and Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • Speaking of SRV, I bet this is a good read.

o5ba1tvmquws.jpeg
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,862
    muncybob wrote: »
    There have been several MoFi releases that got my attention in recent months...that is, until I see they are 45rpm. I'm not lazy but, getting up to flip the record every 15 minutes isn't my idea of an enjoyable listening session.

Just place a your cooler of beer near your turntable. :D
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,962
    That would work initially, but a rule here for me is after 2 drinks or so no more records...have to switch to cd....don't ask why.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • tratliff
    edited August 2020
    muncybob wrote: »
    That would work initially, but a rule here for me is after 2 drinks or so no more records...have to switch to cd....don't ask why.

Funny you say that. My wife was actually nervous last weekend after I had a few bourbons and started playing records. I can’t remember why but she was concerned about the cartridge and my footing.
  • stevep
    stevep Posts: 327
    You mean you're not supposed to dance around while you queue up the records?
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Not if you dance like @treitz3 Tom...just sayin'
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • tratliff
    One difference from @treitz3 is I don’t have any damaged equipment!
  • stevep
    stevep Posts: 327
    I've only broken one stylus cantilever in 60 years, not sure where that puts me on the @treitz3 scale. But I think that was from mounting a V15 on a decidedly mid range tonearm and not from the horizontal bop while finding the groove.
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    Tom hasn't been active on here for almost two months now. Maybe he got tired of us.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • txcoastal1
    jdjohn wrote: »
    Tom hasn't been active on here for almost two months now. Maybe he got tired of us.

imq3bcgee2rc.png

Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    If the LP is anything like the sacd from MoFi, your in for a treat.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • jdjohn
    I was listening to it on my new rig tonight...decided to record a little video.
    https://youtu.be/_oFBeYmEZOg
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • txcoastal1
    I liked the virtue signaling of the "his" and "her"....like she approves for him to purchase....NOT!!

Does sound pretty good over my near field desktop rig

• jdjohn
    Here's a wide angle shot of the room.
    al5jh5x4b7s0.jpeg
    Supposedly, that is the back of Hugh Jackman's head. The location is the World of McIntosh (WOM) Townhouse in NYC.
  • tratliff
    edited January 2021
    Received my copy today. This is a great pressing. Not sure I have ever heard Voodoo Child sound like this. Tin Pan Alley also was great.

I'm sure some of you remember the altercation I had with one of my record dealers. Our spat was over me buying my Mobile Fidelity One-Steps from Music Direct and Mobile Fidelity directly because I wanted the lowest pressing numbers. I think my thought of buying directly is correct. See the number I got. Thanks Mofi.

f7gfcyvcuzvk.jpg

fl9z5dchlttv.jpg