She is mine

Upgraded to the cooking experience I have been wanting for a while now. Kamado Joe Classic III
Ain’t she a beaut’

vcy1c5xasqnp.jpeg
5ogu5f7p9vo0.jpeg

Pug approved as a bonus.

vaici7bl8p39.jpeg

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Yea red ones cook faster....

:D
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    Nice man
    Very nice deck too
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • adb3da
    adb3da Posts: 506
    Nice! I’ve got a BJ3 and love it. You chose well.
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    Congrats, very nice.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • Gerres26
    Gerres26 Posts: 859
    Nice Kamado! I have the original classic and it has been an excellent grill. What’s the plan for the first cook on it?
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited August 2020
    Nice,

Did you hire Viking to guard the egg or did he volunteer?
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • Nice legs ! 😀
    Sal Palooza
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,964
    Very pretty
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • invalid
    invalid Posts: 1,270
    I have heard you shouldn't use lighter fluid in these is that correct.
  • pitdogg2
    invalid wrote: »

Honestly once you use a chimney you'll never use lighter fluid again.
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Pug approved as a bonus.

vaici7bl8p39.jpeg

Very nice (pug) . . . and the KJ III taint bad either!
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • invalid
    invalid Posts: 1,270
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

I'll have to look into that. I ran out of lighter fluid a few times, so I had to haul out the roofing torch it worked pretty good.
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943

Never. Would be terrible.
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,162
    Love it.
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • joecoulson
  • pitdogg2
    edited August 2020
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

I'll have to look into that. I ran out of lighter fluid a few times, so I had to haul out the roofing torch it worked pretty good.

I was amazed at what a few sheets of newspaper could do. Get the biggest they have you will not be disappointed. I use them for wood and charcoal.

Some folks say to drizzle a little cooking oil on the paper, I never have used oil on the paper.
    I've been distracted for a few minutes and come back to find my charcoal roaring :D
  • seeclear
    seeclear Posts: 1,236
    Might be the altitude, but my chimney takes a while to get going, and i definitely use some oil or bacon grease on the paper.
    "Don't forget to change your politician. They are like diapers they need to be changed regularly, and for the same reason."
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,490
    I love my original KJ Classic. Looks like they made quite a few improvements: cart, lid latch, top vent, etc. Are you using the Bellows from Thermoworks?
  • joecoulson
    No I have the FireBoard 2 Drive with their proprietary fan. Works awesome.
    But yeah that have made some killer updates. One of the main reasons I switched from BGE to the KJ
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Dang man, Looks like you have the Pass Labs version of Grills :o That's one Bad Azz Cooking Machine B)
  • mark090852
    mark090852 Posts: 993
    edited August 2020
    Congrats. I have the KJ Classic II and love it. Do you have a Joetisserie yet? If not, I think they are well worth the cost. It is my most used accessory.

q3p71a1wm40w.jpg

McIntosh MA252 Integrated Amp, LUMIN D2 Network Music Player, Yamaha Aventage RX-A840 receiver, Emotiva XPA Gen3 2 channel amp, Polk LSiM 703 speakers. Oppo UDP-203 Blu-Ray player, Polk LSiM 705 speakers. Polk Signature S20 speakers.
  • joecoulson
    Not yet. Between the Joe, accessories and FireBoard, I was spent for the time being.
    I do want that and the Dojoe also.
  • joecoulson
    Now this is the way to cook a butt

t6qywvijchyq.png
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
    lfbc6h9icdm8.jpg

Here is one smoked using real wood............ what a concept.........What does the fire board do ? have you added on the blower fan? it seems like another type of rabbit hole here........one can certainly spend a pretty penny on add ons....enjoy your queing season...............
  • Gerres26
    Gerres26 Posts: 859
    NotaSuv wrote: »
    lfbc6h9icdm8.jpg

Here is one smoked using real wood............ what a concept.........What does the fire board do ? have you added on the blower fan? it seems like another type of rabbit hole here........one can certainly spend a pretty penny on add ons....enjoy your queing season...............

Kamado grills do use real wood, lump oak charcoal with your choice of smoking wood is normally what they run on.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    I love that hand pounded (?) exterior of the Kamado grill.
  • mark090852
    jogj78s3o9g3.jpg
    McIntosh MA252 Integrated Amp, LUMIN D2 Network Music Player, Yamaha Aventage RX-A840 receiver, Emotiva XPA Gen3 2 channel amp, Polk LSiM 703 speakers. Oppo UDP-203 Blu-Ray player, Polk LSiM 705 speakers. Polk Signature S20 speakers.
  • mark090852
    Clipdat wrote: »
    I love that hand pounded (?) exterior of the Kamado grill.

It's definitely not hand pounded. It's a high heat kiln fired ceramic material all the way through with a high heat glaze on the exterior.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    Oh ok, well I dig the look!