Panasonic AG-7750 Super VHS Professional VCR

Options
jdjohn
jdjohn Posts: 3,000
edited August 2020 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Just in case anyone has a need for one of these beasts, I have one available. Happy to provide more pics, and I can confirm it works! I think I'm required to put a price in this 'listing', so I'll say $250 since there is currently one on eBay for that price, but it is untested. Shipping will be a bear for this thing.
xj4acx3vqy26.jpg
Btw, I actually sold two Sony Betamax players over the last couple of months, so those people are out there...actually one of them is right here on CP ;)
"This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
"Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,030
    Options
  • jdjohn
    Options
    Thanks Mark! :) I can take PayPal or Venmo :p
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    Options
    Nice piece! End game for most!

Does it have a working S-Video output on it?

GLWTS!
  • jdjohn
    Options
    Thank you! It's from my dad's 'collection'.

Yes, I had successful playback through one of the S-Video outs, and used the 'Audio Monitor Out' jack for sound, so really only mono during testing. I didn't test the second S-Video out jack, but could if needed.

From what I read, these units can be really good as hi-fi recording decks...like for personal/indie recording purposes. It has balanced inputs/outputs for 2 channels.

It has lots of BNC connections on the back panel for video, and XLR for audio.
  • jdjohn
    Options
    For grins and giggles, here is a shot of the back panel:
    y6jhyvz92oec.jpg
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,958
    Options
    That is awesome. I have an entire collection of vintage Letterman shows on VHS. Hmmm
  • jdjohn
    Options
    Bump...$150 plus shipping
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,076
    Options
    Jody, I love the looks of it - a great piece of audio/video history.

Did you know your dad had all of these things before he died?
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • jdjohn
    Options
    Hi Harry. Some of it I knew about...what I could see on the tops of stacks and in the front. But there was/is a lot more buried that I wasn't aware of. I recently saw a pair of JBL L100 buried in the middle of a stack, but I haven't pulled them out yet.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,871
    Options
    What is this VHS thing you speak of? ;)
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,094
    Options
    How do you set the damn clock?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    Options
    Wow, this unit takes me back to the days when I was in school studying electronics and audio video production. I was a part time Engineering helper/ intern at a local cable station. One of my jobs was to clean the tape heads of all the machines.

I actually need a player retrieve some old video but this would be overkill for me.

GLWTS
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,546
    edited August 2020
    Options
    I worked as a helper to a really good home theater installer at Listen Up Audio Video in CO back in 2005 or so. He swore (at that time) that a Super VHS like this one had been the best video quality he had seen to date. He swore by them. There must be something there. I have never experienced it myself but there must be something to them.
    Post edited by CH46E on