Suggested AV receiver for Polk Signature speakers

Hi,

This is Raj Kumar. We have a room of size 16(L)x11(w)x10(H) feet. I wanted to setup home theater in this room. Since the room is not so big, I thought of going for Polk Signature S30 for center, Signature S15 for front left and right, Signature S10 for rear surround speakers. Rightnow, I am not adding any ceiling speakers. But, it future, I would like to add up ceiling speakers too. So, I am thinking of - going for an atmos supported AV receiver.
I find Marantz 1609 model suitable for my budget.

But, I am not sure if these speakers sound good with this AV receiver. Please advise.

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    Marantz is a fine choice.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    Don't forget to budget for a decent subwoofer as well. Not only will it give you bass that you won't otherwise have, it will also take a good chunk of the load off of whatever AVR you decide to buy (though you should also set the speakers to "small" in the settings).
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,309
    And if you have it in the budget, have a look at the S20s for your fronts.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    I'd go for a Denon AVR-S960H myself in that price range. More power output and HDCP 2.3 capable (latest video processor). Both Marantz and Denon are owned by Polk's parent company with Denon usually marketed alongside Polk's Signature speakers.

An Atmos capable receiver would be more money.
  • rajakumar
    rajakumar Posts: 10
    Emlyn wrote: »
    I'd go for a Denon AVR-S960H myself in that price range. More power output and HDCP 2.3 capable (latest video processor). Both Marantz and Denon are owned by Polk's parent company with Denon usually marketed alongside Polk's Signature speakers.

An Atmos capable receiver would be more money.

Yes, you are correct. But, I thought this is a one time investment and taking Atmos capable receiver is more future proof.. Also, I checked Denon AVR S960H. We do not have it for sale in india.
  • rajakumar
    rajakumar Posts: 10
    polrbehr wrote: »
    Don't forget to budget for a decent subwoofer as well. Not only will it give you bass that you won't otherwise have, it will also take a good chunk of the load off of whatever AVR you decide to buy (though you should also set the speakers to "small" in the settings).

Yes, My mistake.. Forgot to mention about Sub woofer. I am thinking of going for DSW Pro 440 model. Is that a good choice..?
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    If you can get one for a good deal, the DSW 440 Pro should be fine - I like that you can make adjustments to it with a remote. Are there better options out there? Well, yes, but that really depends on your budget and what's available.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/