GoldenEar Triton Reference series....

2»

Comments

• NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
    ScanSonic 3.5's replaced my DefTech Mythos STS...and have zero desire to change them out...
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    edited June 2020
    joecoulson wrote: »
    I too went into the Triton room at Axpona and walked right out. But most folks don’t like my Elacs either 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Maybe it was the Primaluna gear (I think that was the same room)
    But to be clear, huge Def Tech fan here. Just not the same relative IMO.
    Given all of the negative GoldenEar feedback in this thread I would hate to add to it. However, my experience was the same at the 2015 AXPONA show: https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/167205/2015-axpona-chicago-il-pictures/p1

The Triton 5's were mated with a Parasound Halo integrated and a JL Audio sub. I only listened to a couple of songs so its very hard to draw conclusions. The sound was ok.

However, in the same room was Vienna Acoustics Beethoven Concert Grand connected to a Primare I32 Integrated. After one song the sound was more lively and musical. The difference was huge! Not a fair demo because I thought I would love the GoldenEar Parasound combo. Something must have been off.

gudnoyez wrote: »
    The Golden Ears I heard at Apoxona a couple of years ago were horrific couldn't get out of the room fast enough. A good time in the Salk room best room along with Audio Thesis at that show, the Salks were amazing.
    I also loved the Salk rooms the different years I attened the show. I thought the Exotica's are pretty special.

NotaSuv wrote: »
    ScanSonic 3.5's replaced my DefTech Mythos STS...and have zero desire to change them out...
    Yes, nice sounding stuff. I could live with a set of 3.5's. Heck, there's a set of MB-5's that have been on CL near me for awhile. but not in the cards. https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/ele/d/milwaukee-scansonic-mb-5-audiophile/7139943343.html
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    I just listened to my Triton Ones some tonight and I've got to say, they are in the top 5 speakers I've ever heard or owned. B):p

I don't know what the Triton Reference's sound like but I'd bet they'd be stellar with the right power and controls like I had tonight.

They're hooked up to a big NAD receiver now.

I only listened to a bunch of radio stations tonight. I don't have any CD player hooked to it right now. Some stations were clear and awesome, some not even close. I really enjoyed listening to a few others tonight too. I definitely need new tweeters in a set of SDA-CRS's I have hooked up out there. Maybe that stimulus check can pay for them. :p

I cranked up "Stranglehold" by ol TED when I stopped on one station and the Triton Ones sound was as awesome as on my Polk SRS2's playing from another NAD C370 ( I believe) integrated I own.

Sound can't get much better than this. :D:p<3

Goodnight. B)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
    NotaSuv wrote: »
    Yes, nice sounding stuff. I could live with a set of 3.5's. Heck, there's a set of MB-5's that have been on CL near me for awhile. but not in the cards. https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/ele/d/milwaukee-scansonic-mb-5-audiophile/7139943343.html
    [/quote]

$2800 is a STEAL for the 5's...hhhhhmmmm what can i sell :)