POLKFEST - NOVEMBER 2020 - North Charleston SC......BE THERE.

Comments

• HzTweaker
    HzTweaker Posts: 723
    Count me in as a maybe. I'm going to play it by ear based on what my work schedule looks like.
    2ch rig:Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress modsPreamplifier: Parasound P5Amplifier: Parasound A23CDP: Pioneer DV-563ACables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Damn.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    Yeah, I wouldn't go booking hotels JUST yet.....It will be a weekend and it will be in a pretty narrow window and the first weekend in November is pretty optimal.

Stay tuned. Polkfest is going to be a thing again, don't worry.

BDT

I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Wow. People NEVER look like what you think they would. Dang Jesse. I look more like what I thought you looked like...thank God. :D
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,475
    great video I knew a few in that one....
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    mrbiron wrote: »

I try hard though and that’s all that matters.

That's my approach to construction, too! (but I am not a pro, just a dangerous amateur).

ulcp4gu23oco.jpg
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    The woman is slightly interested... There is potential!!!
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    edited June 2020
    This is very very interesting! I would love to make it over to Ft. Sumter.
  • TroyD
    Funny thing about Ft Sumter...and it is cool to go, is how SMALL it is. I mean TINY.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Agreed, It has been a while (read decades) since I have been there but I vaguely remember something to the effect of being able to throw a football a couple of times and the tour is over.

Lots and lots of history in this city. Might want to make a vacation out of it and see it before it gets erased.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    You are absolutely welcome.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    One thing you will find is the Polkies are a welcoming bunch. Just watch out for Russ...he likes goats...and Navy-men.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Caleb, what city are you moving to?
  • Navy_Goat
    Navy_Goat Posts: 375
    California, MD. Going to do what should be my last active duty job at the base in Pax River.
    SDA SRS 2.3tl, SDA 1C, SDA 2B (TL mod), Reserve 200
  • Navy_Goat
    Navy_Goat Posts: 375
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    One thing you will find is the Polkies are a welcoming bunch. Just watch out for Russ...he likes goats...and Navy-men.

Sounds great. I look forward to meeting everyone.
    SDA SRS 2.3tl, SDA 1C, SDA 2B (TL mod), Reserve 200
  • TroyD
    Absolutely welcome here at the Rancho De No Concerno!!

PF is an equal opportunity event!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    TroyD wrote: »
    Absolutely welcome here at the Rancho De No Concerno!!

PF is an equal opportunity event!

Ah, but some are more equal than others.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• TroyD
    LMAO...true enough!!
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    As long as I get to snuggle up with TLW, then i'd definitely love to come. I was told by my company recently that I will have to plan on taking off enough vacation time the rest of the year to not exceed allowed billable hours. Essentially, I'll be "forced" to take about 3 weeks off by year end. Twist my arm huh!

This go round, looks like a quick Southwest hop into Charleston for me, then a cushy plush hotel near Rancho De No Concerno. None of that long distance driving for me, I'm a big sissy these days (always was one).

Personal goals for me...snuggle up with TLW. Exchange reach arounds with BDT. Get updated haircare tips from F1Nut.
    No excuses!
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Is this still on? @pitdogg2 you can swing by Michigan and travel with @GlennDog and I! And @Thorton too! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,475
    verb wrote: »
    Is this still on? @pitdogg2 you can swing by Michigan and travel with @GlennDog and I! And @Thorton too! :smile:

That a great offer but my drive to you is half way to there :D
    By the way I'm not riding on the handle bars on those motorcycles.
    ;)
    Heck Mike can fit in the saddle bags
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    verb wrote: »

That a great offer but my drive to you is half way to there :D
    By the way I'm not riding on the handle bars on those motorcycles.
    ;)
    Heck Mike can fit in the saddle bags

No worries Ivan! We can switch rides while your here! I'm currently driving a Yukon Denali! :)
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • TroyD
    Yes, PF is on!!

The date we are looking at is 13-15 November!
  • HzTweaker
    HzTweaker Posts: 723
    TroyD wrote: »
    Yes, PF is on!!

The date we are looking at is 13-15 November!

I'll save the date!
    2ch rig:Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress modsPreamplifier: Parasound P5Amplifier: Parasound A23CDP: Pioneer DV-563ACables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    Just looked at southwest airlines. I have enough points for a flight. Heck even if I didn't, it's under $200 round trip to SC airport.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    This is on my radar. Going to make a plan to attend.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!