65" Samsung Curve Sits too Low!

tophatjohnny
tophatjohnny Posts: 4,162
edited June 2020 in Electronics
Sits too low for the new Center Speaker That I just bought. The TV is about 6" too low so I am looking at something like this https://www.amazon.com/PERLESMITH-Universal-Premium-Adjustable-800x400mm/dp/B07KFD7QPZ/ref=sr_1_28?dchild=1&keywords=Leg+raiser+for+65"+curve+tv&qid=1593128243&sr=8-28#

I'm not good at stuff like this and hoping someone here has been in the same situation and has done this before. I have this one I shared in my amazon cart but haven't ordered it yet. Any help???? Thanks either way
"if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
Post edited by tophatjohnny on

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    I know a few folks that have bought after market feet. They did it because the manufacturers OEM feet are too dang far apart now. Some larger TV's you practically need an 8' wide table to be able to use the OEM feet. My son bought one like this and loves it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Swivel-Tabletop-TV-Stand-with-Mount-for-32-To-65-inch-TVs/183666210651?_trkparms=ispr=1&hash=item2ac35bf75b:g:t9oAAOSwazte4ZiA
  • tophatjohnny
    Thanks Ivan. I'm wanting the tv's bottom edge to be just over the front of speaker so looking at other possibilities like the one I have in my cart but maybe better?? Mo betta!?!?!?
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Yea I get it using the versa mounts give you more adjustability for exactly what you're trying to accomplish. I just did a quick search for tabletop 65" TV stand. There are many options in height(telescopic) and some are swivel as well.
    Good luck Johnny.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    I yes this to stand my tv on my huge def tech center channel:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B077MJZ6ZG?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • tophatjohnny
    I just talked to a guy in Syracuse and he's making me a riser perfect for the job.
  • tophatjohnny
    Syracusetvrisers.com
    Owner spent a while on the phone with me this morning and sealed the deal for just the right build for the new center I have coming. Will be a couple of weeks before it all comes together . Looking forward to it. 🎶
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    edited June 2020
    At one time I built a riser for my TV so I could place the center below. It was solid on the top, sides and most of the back. It had a very negative impact on the sound. Center sounded like it was in cave. Kind of like it was horn loaded. Currently, I've got my center on a stand out in front. Do you have room for that?
  • tophatjohnny
    DaveHo wrote: »
    At one time I built a riser for my TV so I could place the center below. It was solid on the top, sides and most of the back. It had a very negative impact on the sound. Center sounded like it was in cave. Kind of like it was horn loaded. Currently, I've got my center on a stand out in front. Do you have room for that?

I hear that brother and I am working on a solution to avoid this from being the case. Solid sides won't be happening but not sure if we'll go large football shape openings or just go with 4 heavy duty legs that leave an extra inch above the center which will be out from the top 1/2 or so anyway. Think I'll be fine but I see how you ran into that cave like issue. Thanks for the heads up.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    The center for my 75” TV sits a few inches above the TV bottom, and I never notice it. However, it helps to make the audio actually seem like it is coming from the TV versus being close to the TV.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • tophatjohnny
    Syracuse TV Risers came through like a Champion company. The build is solid as a rock and looks great with the stand we already had. I did apply 1 sheet of Noiko solutions sound deadener to each of the sides and another 3 sheets to to top side (facing down) just as a precaution . overkill?? Yeah maybe. The matching Aurum Cantus center speaker will be delivered next week and takes up a good portion of the opening.
    This will be the first "real" center speaker I've ever owned. Looking forward to it. Hope this helps someone looking for a solution similar to what I needed done.
  • tophatjohnny
    I referred to the sound deadening material as Noiko when I realized it is Noico. I used Dynamat in the past and like this stuff better. Plus it's not a costly.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Hey looks good Johnny! What model Samsung is that buy the way? I was just looking a a 65 Samsung curved this morning...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • tophatjohnny
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    Hey looks good Johnny! What model Samsung is that buy the way? I was just looking a a 65 Samsung curved this morning...

Im not sure it was purchased at Costco a few years ago. Its been a great set..65"