Interesting developments on the "science and engineering meet cables" front (seriously)

Hot of the 'presses' (well... the internet, since this year's meeting was - of course - virtual), an interesting presentation on some 'hard science' studies on the historically more 'black magic' aspects of wire.

k0wxfvxyg4s5.png

Comments

• delkal
    delkal Posts: 764
    You have to be careful with papers like that. Not saying it is not true.....just that as a scientist I know there are a lot of junk papers out there and i would I would treat this convention paper as one of them.

Audio patents can be even worse. Patent reviewers just check claims and do not reproduce the science. And all a patent means is that no one else can sell it (not that it works or is useful). There are a lot of patents that are total BS but companies pay the money to get them approved. Then they claim their widget has to work. After all there is a patent for it.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,784
    No one will ever convince a cable naysayer. They wouldn't admit cables make a difference even if they heard a difference.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Short paper. One paragraph.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,022
    edited June 2020
    That's the abstract.
    Not ethical for me to reproduce the whole presentation.