Interesting developments on the "science and engineering meet cables" front (seriously)

Hot of the 'presses' (well... the internet, since this year's meeting was - of course - virtual), an interesting presentation on some 'hard science' studies on the historically more 'black magic' aspects of wire.

k0wxfvxyg4s5.png

Comments

• delkaldelkal Posts: 695
    You have to be careful with papers like that. Not saying it is not true.....just that as a scientist I know there are a lot of junk papers out there and i would I would treat this convention paper as one of them.

Audio patents can be even worse. Patent reviewers just check claims and do not reproduce the science. And all a patent means is that no one else can sell it (not that it works or is useful). There are a lot of patents that are total BS but companies pay the money to get them approved. Then they claim their widget has to work. After all there is a patent for it.
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 44,812
    No one will ever convince a cable naysayer. They wouldn't admit cables make a difference even if they heard a difference.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 13,528
    Short paper. One paragraph.
    Bud - Silicon Valley

Lumin X1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on preamp, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 25,775
    edited June 16
    That's the abstract.
    Not ethical for me to reproduce the whole presentation.
  • butterbeanbutterbean Posts: 234
    Well I don’t know much. But if you have the budget to afford higher end cables And you like the sound that is a beautiful thing! But if you’re happy with the budget cable that too is a beautiful thing! We all have different goals for our systems and we all have different budgets and family situations. I am just glad to be along For the ride! So rock on and enjoy your weekend!