Can i hook up 2 of my polk audio sda 2 to my strdh-590?

Options
So i have 2 polk audio sda 2 that i just got and i was wondering if i could hook it up to my sony strdh 590. Will it over heat it? Is gonna be too much power for that receiver? Also i had a polk audio sub that i want to hook up but the receiver already over heats when i turn up the bass and the volume on the sub 😅 or can i just adjust the speakers and the sub to where my receiver will not overheat and will be fine.

Answers

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    Options
    In all honesty I don't believe that would be a good idea. No offense to the Sony receiver, but it would be better to consider a high quality two channel integrated amp or a good quality preamp and power amp combination.
  • therussian
    Options
    In all honesty I don't believe that would be a good idea. No offense to the Sony receiver, but it would be better to consider a high quality two channel integrated amp or a good quality preamp and power amp combination.

What would you suggest?
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,795
    Options
    therussian wrote: »

What would you suggest?

What's your budget?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• therussian
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    therussian wrote: »

What would you suggest?

What's your budget?

200- 300
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    Options
    I would recommend a second hand NAD integrated amp or receiver, from a dependable source.