POLKFEST - NOVEMBER 2020 - North Charleston SC......BE THERE.

TroyD
TroyD Posts: 13,077
Ok, 2020 has been a big bag of **** so far.....

BUT WE ARE GOING TO GET THE BAND BACK TOGETHER.

This is not a tentative, not an interest check......this is a "We are going to have a weekend of friends, audio, food and debauchery. If it's just TLW and I or 100 of you guys....this is going down. We've all earned a good time and we shall have it.

I know that there are other gatherings and events....and that's fine. This isn't really intended to be a Polk sanctioned event....this is a Polk fan sanctioned event.

The actual weekend could vary...but shooting first weekend of November.

Now, it's been awhile since I've had a Polkfest....but those that have come to the Rancho De No Concerno can attest, that we throw down. If you are lucky, you'll actually get to see F1Nut's hair move.

One thing we WILL do, is raise money for the Githens center in honor of Tiffany and George Grand's memory. That is a promise.

Again. This is NOT a drill. This is an actual event. Plan accordingly.

I plan for the future. - F1Nut

Comments

• Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    Deal. And to get the donations started....If you haven't sold them yet I'll take delivery of your CRS+ right there. You're asking $225. Will add $50 for the Githens Center. And I will take a bottle of the rum that George liked the most (He told me).

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • TroyD
    AWESOME. I've got a potential on the CRS's but that's an AWESOME offer....but will let you know.

I'm as excited as a puppy with two peckers about this.

It's ON folks. Carolina PolkFest V is ON!
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    I'm in like Flynn. Cool beans big daddy!!! LMK if there is any gear I have that you may want featured.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • TroyD
    Ok, that's 4 of us so far!! COOL.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Say it again.....HARRRR!!!!....I'll do my best
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Are you guys going to have Russ decontaminated by a professional hazmat crew this time. Or will you rely on social distancing alone? No sense in taking any risks.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • TroyD
    Are you guys going to have Russ decontaminated by a professional hazmat crew this time. Or will you rely on social distancing alone? No sense in taking any risks.

I'm getting one of those torches that attach to a propane tank (people use them to burn weeds and stuff).

Everyone who shows up will be torched before entering. If you live, you can stay.

BDT

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    I use Roundup as deodorant......
    Hey-ooooooo!!!
    Count me in
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Man I'd love to be there....
    Tis a long drive....
  • treitz3
    Charleston does have an International airport....we can pick you up and drop you off...

Just sayin'...

Russ also found a killer hotel on the cheap too. Kitchenette, separate LR and BR's, etc. for about $120/night last time we were down there. It's about 2 or 3 miles away from Troy's pad IIRC.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Ricardo
    Where should we look for hotels? Might as well book early.

SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • lightman1
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Charleston does have an International airport....we can pick you up and drop you off...

Just sayin'...

Russ also found a killer hotel on the cheap too. Kitchenette, separate LR and BR's, etc. for about $120/night last time we were down there. It's about 2 or 3 miles away from Troy's pad IIRC.

Tom

Good times and good company. Well worth the trip
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    edited May 2020
    lightman1 wrote: »
    I use Roundup as deodorant......
    Hey-ooooooo!!!
    Count me in

What Russ leaving Iowa to return to the Motherland? Sounds like good times to be had come November.

https://youtu.be/oVBzW1HiX10
    Oh yeah Russ in case you weren't aware of the class action lawsuit against Monsanto the makers of Roundup, looks like you could be a rich man if you dont tell em it was used as your daily hygiene regiment. Just think you might be able to handle the costs of Polk Fest 2020.😁
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,965
    Hmmmm
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • xjghost
    xjghost Posts: 1,080
    I'm in Camden now some of my Polk stuff is at my house in Hartsville. Will definitely put this on the calendar....
    HT/2Channel: Emotiva MMC-1, Adcom GFA-555II, Polk SDA 3.1's, Teac TN-300 TT, Polk Center and Sub.

Bedroom system: Carver CT-24, Parasound HCA-800II, Monitor 10's

Additional projects: RTA 12c's
  • lightman1
    xjghost wrote: »
    I'm in Camden now some of my Polk stuff is at my house in Hartsville. Will definitely put this on the calendar....

Sweet Petunia Jane! Gold old Hartsville. Grew up in a house on Kenwood Drive
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    lightman1 wrote: »
    xjghost wrote: »

Sweet Petunia Jane! Gold old Hartsville. Grew up in a house on Kenwood Drive

Liar...you never grew up.

"Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    Piqued my interest times a gazillion . . PM sent
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • treitz3
    edited June 2020
    Ricardo wrote: »
    Where should we look for hotels? Might as well book early.
    Russ and I are still trying to find that hotel we stayed at last time. It's a very well appointed hotel on the cheap too. Kitchenette, separate LR and BR's, etc. for about $120/night last time we were down there. It's about 2 or 3 miles away from Troy's pad IIRC.

It's more like a timeshare/resort than a standard hotel room. When we find it again, we'll let you know. It's right off one of the major highways down there.

Tom

• TroyD
    Tom, it's probably the Residence Inn on Northwoods Blvd....
  • treitz3
    Close but no cigar...

It took me 3 days to find it but I finally did.

yt40k7bn834u.png

https://www.ihg.com/staybridge/hotels/us/en/north-charleston/chsal/hoteldetail?cm_mmc=GoogleMaps-_-SB-_-US-_-CHSAL

7329 Mazyck Road North Charleston, South Carolina 29406

1-843-377-4600

It gets a 99% rating for those who recommend the hotel and an overall experience of 4.8 out of 5. Has a health and fitness center, outdoor grills with a pavilion and a fire pit. Also has an indoor pool and all suites have a full kitchenette, complete with cooking utensils and of course, the usual breakfast buffet.

25ucrynze6dd.png
    ks7vd1782bze.png
    hy9k86c9a50m.png
    pud2lhy6yd8x.png

These photos are the room we stayed at last time. Separate LR section from the sleeping quarters/bathroom area(s). Very well appointed and the mattresses were to die for....or at least they were when we last stayed there.

Here is the office and lounge/eating area...

1cx1bvizjff5.png
    ivijtojpqbcg.png

Now I'm not saying that we all need to stay here but this is a very nice hotel and it comes highly recommended by both Russ and I. The prices have gone up a bit since Troy's last PF but we can get a group discount if we hit over a certain amount of rooms. (about $10-15 a room).

If not, rooms range during that time from 173.28 to 192.66 INCLUDING the hotel tax ($20-30) for a Friday night and Saturday night stay. Split a two bed studio like Russ and I did last time, that equals lees than $100 a night. You want your own suite? Well, it's a bit more per person, unless you bring your wife and kids.

I don't know about any of you but this is where I'm staying. It's more like a small resort than a typical roach motel.

Tom

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,307
    Looks like something @mrbiron built. Probably only got a few weeks left in it.
    I disabled signatures.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    msg wrote: »
    Looks like something @mrbiron built. Probably only got a few weeks left in it.

My certificate of occupancy ceremony is usually followed by a wrecking ball and a consolation prize.

I try hard though and that’s all that matters.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • Ricardo
    It looks really nice Tom. The thing is, I don't plan to spend much time at the hotel..... So something closer to $100 .(Or less...) should be ok. No, I don't want to share a room with a drunk polkie :D

SOPA
  • lightman1
    Ricardo wrote: »
    It looks really nice Tom. The thing is, I don't plan to spend much time at the hotel..... So something closer to $100 .(Or less...) should be ok. No, I don't want to share a room with a drunk polkie :D

That leaves me out....
    Your loss!
  • treitz3
    edited June 2020
    There are other hotels in the 65-70 dollar range [EDIT - Plus the hotel tax]. Gotta remember, Charleston is a historic place with plenty of shops and cool places to visit. Make a mini vacation out of it or stay an extra day to take in the sights. If you just want to cop a squat and sleep, any of the other hotels will do.

Plus, there is this steak joint I'd like to support and check out. Gotta have some place nice to go eat when we go down there!

Tom
  • lightman1
    Any firm dates yet? Tom wants to know.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited June 2020
    Firm dates aren't ripe yet.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,965
    As long it doesn't flow into a Tuesday I could consider rooming with Tom and russ
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.