new audio show format

would you pay to watch an online audio show? I don't think I would when the manufacturers that I am interested in are not present or I could get the same info online for free.
check it out.
https://thehifisummit.com/
Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
Dac: L.K.S MH-DA004, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
Power Cables by: Argento Organic Reference, Triode Wire Labs, Swiss Cables
Wireworld Spaceport

Comments

• displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,034
    I would not pay for this. Maybe I'm missing something, but this feels like paying for what basically already exists on YouTube.
    I did see access to show sales/specials in there. So maybe if you're already considered a higher dollar option that is exhibiting it would be worth it for the discount.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 11,461
    That website is pretty sparse and poorly designed. For example, if I click "Exhibitors" or any of the other links "Seminars - Exhibitors - Products - Lobby - About Event - FAQ" I get taken to a page stating that I "need to log in to view this content". At that point, I close the browser window and move on with my life.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 23,854
    Clipdat wrote: »
    That website is pretty sparse and poorly designed. For example, if I click "Exhibitors" or any of the other links "Seminars - Exhibitors - Products - Lobby - About Event - FAQ" I get taken to a page stating that I "need to log in to view this content". At that point, I close the browser window and move on with my life.

Yeah... they can have that little party all by themselves. I am not going to fork over 25 bucks with chance to even see FAQ's... looks like one of those "fool and their money" scenarios.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Arcam AVR21, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Yamaha CD-S2100 SACD Player.

In retirement...TriangleArt Reference SE with Walker Precision Motor Drive,

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book has been rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered…History has stopped. Nothing exists except the endless present in which the party is always right” — George Orwell

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 47,681
    No way.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    But how does it sound?
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 30,545
    afterburnt wrote: »
    But how does it sound?

Like one's phone, tablet, or other device.

I mean -- I could stream it to this bad boy -- it's got Bruetooth I mean Bluetooth.

dzkuv8roedqi.png