new audio show format

would you pay to watch an online audio show? I don't think I would when the manufacturers that I am interested in are not present or I could get the same info online for free.
check it out.
https://thehifisummit.com/
Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
Puritan PSM156

Comments

• displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,126
    I would not pay for this. Maybe I'm missing something, but this feels like paying for what basically already exists on YouTube.
    I did see access to show sales/specials in there. So maybe if you're already considered a higher dollar option that is exhibiting it would be worth it for the discount.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    That website is pretty sparse and poorly designed. For example, if I click "Exhibitors" or any of the other links "Seminars - Exhibitors - Products - Lobby - About Event - FAQ" I get taken to a page stating that I "need to log in to view this content". At that point, I close the browser window and move on with my life.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    Clipdat wrote: »
    That website is pretty sparse and poorly designed. For example, if I click "Exhibitors" or any of the other links "Seminars - Exhibitors - Products - Lobby - About Event - FAQ" I get taken to a page stating that I "need to log in to view this content". At that point, I close the browser window and move on with my life.

Yeah... they can have that little party all by themselves. I am not going to fork over 25 bucks with chance to even see FAQ's... looks like one of those "fool and their money" scenarios.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    No way.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    But how does it sound?
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    afterburnt wrote: »
    But how does it sound?

Like one's phone, tablet, or other device.

I mean -- I could stream it to this bad boy -- it's got Bruetooth I mean Bluetooth.

dzkuv8roedqi.png