Looking for SACD’s...

Options
I am looking to acquire as many SACD’s as I can get my hands on. Eventually I would like to have 300 or so discs. Currently, I have about ten. I am willing to swap LP’s or CD’s or just buy them outright.

Classic Rock, Country, Jazz and just about everything in between...

Let me know what you’ve got or leads to great deals. Thanks for the help!
The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    Options
    Tempting to sell you some of my collection but I'm not sure I want to let them go. Wife would tell me to sell them as all I don't listen to them every single day ( Wife logic LOL).
    I might post a couple for you , let me go through them.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,095
    Options
    Thanks Dan.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    You can also browse the Discogs' marketplace...

https://www.discogs.com/sell/list?format=SACD
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,316
    Options
    Hi, John, One of the best things I did to collect SACD's and regular CD's that I did not really feel like paying retail for (for one song on a CD/SACD that I actually liked a lot) was to post an ad in Craigslist.

I did that a couple of times based upon the first response I got. TBT, I wasn't expecting any answer at all but I was directed to yard sales, individual houses where folks had "downgraded" to network music or they were moving and downsizing the house, or in one case, it was a divorce. Dude was selling all of his wife's collection (She had surprisingly hundreds of CD's/SACD's).

I did this while simultaneously posting a wanted ad here on Club Polk. For about $200, I upped my CD/SACD collection for pennies on the dollar. Even got a couple of really good and rare CD's (Some Audiophile) to add to the collection as well.

Another thing I did was go to a record shop. We have one in Charlotte called Manifest that sells used music and they have about 5 or 6 isles of just used music. They guarantee that the CD's play and they go for anywhere from 2 bucks a pop to about half off of retail.

Just be as picky as you want to be and you will end up with a great collection without spending and arm and a leg. The rest of your money can go to Mo-Fi, Reference Recordings, Blue Note Music, etc...

Tom

~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    The rarest CD I have is a 1983 release of The Beatles "Abbey Road" done in Japan by EMI before the group or EMI London authorized the release. It screwed things of from a legal perspective and delayed the release of further Beatles material in the format for several years.

• CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,546
    Options
    I wish I had purchased more 10 years ago. I see some of mine sell for over $100.00 now.

What genre are you looking for?
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    I guess I need to inventory my SACDs, even though I haven’t played them in years.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    CH46E wrote: »
    I wish I had purchased more 10 years ago. I see some of mine sell for over $100.00 now.

What genre are you looking for?

Classic Rock, Country, Jazz and just about everything in between...

• mantis
    Options
    2bim0i97nuqq.jpeg
    4r6hozjijmol.jpeg
    kx1pebbwlbrg.jpeg

I got 3 I'd be willing to let go. Make me an offer PM style or here up to you.
    Dan
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,316
    Options
    This is exactly what I did. A long time ago, when I first heard the SACD format and even before I got my first SACD Player, I started buying SACD's left and right. Glad I did too, as I have many that I would not want to purchase now at today's going rate. Some of them go for insane prices!

One of the SACD's I have was purchased for about $11. The last time I looked 2 years ago, it was fetching over $200. Crazy!

Tom

~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • mantis
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    This is exactly what I did. A long time ago, when I first heard the SACD format and even before I got my first SACD Player, I started buying SACD's left and right. Glad I did too, as I have many that I would not want to purchase now at today's going rate. Some of them go for insane prices!

One of the SACD's I have was purchased for about $11. The last time I looked 2 years ago, it was fetching over $200. Crazy!

Tom
    I'm not gonna ask any of that for my SACD's. I'm not interested in making tons of money on them or ripping anyone off. Fail reasonable prices will always come from me no matter what I sell.
    If someone really wanted to buy my Oppo203 which I know they are going like crazy overpriced on eBay and what not, I would except a reasonable offer and let someone else enjoy it.( By the way it's not for sale so no one start offering me anything LOL)

Dan
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    I would not purchase the Joe Walsh SACD and definitely not Journey
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,434
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Because they suck, or because they suck?

I disabled signatures.
  • txcoastal1
    edited April 2020
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Because they suck, or because they suck?

Not SACD quality

I'd like to add questions to this thread...

Post up SACD's that you consider high quality and those that disappointed you and don't consider SACD quality

2 of my favorites in quality are
    Mofi Santana - Abraxas
    Mark Knopfler-Shangri la
    Post edited by txcoastal1 on
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    Someone had a complete Dylan sacd set for sale on here not too long ago.
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    Options
    afterburnt wrote: »
    @pglbook did for quite a while. Not sure though, may have been CDs.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,679
    Options

He sold it.
  • pglbook
    pglbook Posts: 2,168
    edited April 2020
    Options
    teekay0007 wrote: »
    [@pglbook did for quite a while. Not sure though, may have been CDs.
    Viking64 wrote: »

He sold it.

That is correct. It was the Bob Dylan SACD Limited Edition 16 CD box set. I sold it to a fellow forum member back in November 2019.

• honestaquarian
    honestaquarian Posts: 3,186
    Options
    John I got some DVD-A’s.................. oh wait sorry. Yo fancy, schmancy KRELL won’t play THOSE!😝🙄
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    John I got some DVD-A’s.................. oh wait sorry. Yo fancy, schmancy KRELL won’t play THOSE!😝🙄

And it won’t play laser disc either
    Oh the humanity :o

• honestaquarian
    Options
    What about LP's???
  • honestaquarian
    Options
    Oh wait
    DAT
    Will it play THAT format??
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,085
    Options
    I got 4 I'd be willing to let go. Make me an offer PM style or here up to you.

k4p1vsenyt9f.jpeg
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • mantis
    Options
    GlennDog wrote: »
    I got 4 I'd be willing to let go. Make me an offer PM style or here up to you.

k4p1vsenyt9f.jpeg
    If he doesn't buy the Diana Krall SACD's then I would like to get in line.
    Dan
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,085
    Options
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,786
    Options
    GlennDog wrote: »

Did these sell? I registered, but it says, I don't have privileges.
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,895
    Options
    I haven't listened to my SACD's in over a year.. I should look at thinning the heard, along with some DVD-A's..
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,559
    Options
    Oooo baby :D I might be game on some i do not have.