Rubber feet for my Mini Dancer 2?

afterburnt
afterburnt Posts: 7,892
I have the rubber feet that cover the spikes on my 707's so it's easy to place them without wrecking the floor before settening them on the disc. Does anyone have an idea on what I can use on the Dancers weird spikes to accomplish the same thing?

Comments

• Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    hockey pucks
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • afterburnt
    hockey pucks

Good idea, I need to be able to place the and just tilt them to set em into the disc. I do need some kind of non maring feet that will stay on when I stand them up.
  • Mikey081057
    If you drill them to fit snug...

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    I wish I knew where to get those rubber slip on boots that Polk uses, pretty neat stuff. However, there are floor discs for speaker spikes available all over the Net.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• afterburnt
    F1nut wrote: »
    I wish I knew where to get those rubber slip on boots that Polk uses, pretty neat stuff. However, there are floor discs for speaker spikes available all over the Net.

Jesse, the problem is getting the spikes to land in the disc.
  • afterburnt
    I think if I get some corks to jam on the spikes that might work.
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    edited May 2020
    https://herbiesaudiolab.com/collections/loudspeaker-rack-decoupling-and-isolation

These are out of my budget, but maybe not yours. I have some cheap alternatives for my MD2’S, but I can’t remember where I got them.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,066
    Use a good file to flatten them!!
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,306
    Bruce, I think in this case, you could place the speakers first without the spikes installed. Then once in position, lean them back and install the spikes one at a time on top of their discs.

You could initially protect the floor by placing the unspimed speakers on a folded towel or something.

I wonder if you could use discs and floor sliders together initially to help with placement.
    I disabled signatures.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    edited May 2020

Jesse
    At the auto parts store (Autozone) I found a package of various sized rubber "caps" as I needed a larger one for a bypass on my airbox intake manifold connection. There were many sizes in the package.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    Here's a pic:
    hswr8fozndc0.jpg
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Mikey081057

• gyosa
    gyosa Posts: 675
    Yeah .....
    Those Herbie’s are NOT cheap ....
    I considered them a while back until I added it up and it was @ $250 for a pair of speakers ....

I made my own ....

Bk
    Parasound A21 , Yamaha wxc-50 , Polk SDA 1c’s ( my first love .. ) , Kimber Kable 4TC, Sony 42” - BEDROOM

B&K EX-442 ( it will go in my casket when I die ... ) , PS Audio 4.6 preamp ( old school , but it still jams on ... ) , Yamaha wxc-50 , Boston Acoustic voyager 7’s - POOL

PS Audio Stellar S300 , Eversolo DMP-A8 , Yamaha wxc-50 , Kimber Kable 4vs , Salk Supercharged Song towers ( difficult choice between these and my family if I had to choose ... 😩 ) , Sony XBR-A8F 65” OLED - DEN , MAIN RIG

Cambridge Audio 851n - sitting in the closet , for now

Onkyo TX-nr609 , Polk atrium 7 , Boston acoustic sound ware (4) , Boston acoustic sub , B&W center , Sharp 65” TV - PATIO

DAYENS AMPINO ( thanks Verb ! ) , KEiiD streamer ( this was only 60 bucks ?? ) , Polk atrium 8SDi’s - KID’s BEDROOM
  • afterburnt
    To be clear I am going to use the Ushers' spikes set into the little disc. The 707's have rubber caps on their spikes so that once you place them you can tilt them a little, remover the little rubber cap, and set them in the disc. The Users have kind of weird spikes that are shaped like a trumpet bell so it is a little hard to get any kind of cap to stay on them.
  • F1nut
    steveinaz wrote: »

Jesse
    At the auto parts store (Autozone) I found a package of various sized rubber "caps" as I needed a larger one for a bypass on my airbox intake manifold connection. There were many sizes in the package.

Steve, thanks for the suggestion. The ones Polk used are a combination of a thin metal spike with a heavy duty rubber boot which slips onto the spike. The spike alone is pretty much junk, but the slip on rubber boot is excellent. Let me see if I can find a pic.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    This is the best pic I found. It shows the boots on the spikes.
    pddyrdirvhjx.jpg

President of Club Polk

• afterburnt
    This is the best pic I found. It shows the boots on the spikes.
    pddyrdirvhjx.jpg

Hey Jesse, should I be upgrading my spikes? If so what with what, they are still in the boxes?
  • F1nut
    Bruce, I'm not familiar with the spikes that came with your speakers.

President of Club Polk

• afterburnt
    Bruce, I'm not familiar with the spikes that came with your speakers.

@F1nut I am talking about the 707 spikes.
  • afterburnt
    I found a solution. I cut some synthetic wine corks in half and jammed the on the spikes. It worked like a charm. Drinking wine with chicks paid off in a small way. It wasn't worth it though, I hate wine more than I hate chicks.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,306
    ^^ Signature material
    I disabled signatures.