Sirus XM they are Deadset on not letting you Cancel

gudnoyez
gudnoyez Posts: 8,060
edited May 2020 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Anyone ever not had trouble canceling this abomination? So yeah the last 4 vehicles have had XM tuners in them so been a customer for the last 10 years or so, I would go through the same spiel every year calling them to cancel cause I'm not paying them the $450 they want for 2 vehicles and the streaming, it goes like this. They say sorry to hear you want to cancel, then I say because I'm not paying $450 for my plan they would make you earn a better price by keeping you on the phone for 1/2 hour of torture why they search for promotions to get the low rates.

I've played that game 9 years, last year I got them down to $160 for 2 vehicles and streaming I told them to lock that price in and if they raise it again this year I wont go through the spiel again and cancel. They assured me it would be locked in. Bill came a couple of weeks ago $453. I never gave them a credit card and told them I will only pay with a cashier's check. So they cant auto bill my card. I have called them 3 times telling them to cancel my account they dont have a card number and if they dont it's on them not me. I just got off the phone with them 3rd call told them to cancel I'm not waiting had them to acknowledge my account#, name, billing, adress I said good cancel it and hung up. Been a couple of hours still not canceled. I guess I'm on a free plan now. They suck feel sorry to any subscribers that gave them a credit card or Debit card #.
Home Theater
Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,782
    It's easy to cancel a service using a debit or credit card. You tell the bank/card company you've cancelled the service and to not pay it or credit your account if they have.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,480
    They don't have a card on file. Keep riding the gravy train. Not your problem. They are the epitome of how to alienate a paying customer. F'em!
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,021
    Yeah, they hacked me (both of us, actually) off a long time ago.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,678
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

Shirley, you can't be Sirius!!!
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    Viking64 wrote: »

He’s Mark, not Shirley!

I’m serious!! 😮
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,678
    teekay0007 wrote: »
    Viking64 wrote: »

He’s Mark, not Shirley!

I’m serious!! 😮

If he's not Shirley, that's one mark* against him.

*Intentional italics are intentional.
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    edited May 2020
    Steve, $450+ per year?. Sirius? Yikes!

Maybe that’s not all that much for two vehicles. I guess I’m just not in my vehicle enough to make that worth it.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    teekay0007 wrote: »
    Steve, $450+ per year?. Sirius? Yikes!

Good point. Just what can a radio receive that is worth $450/yr?

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    We stopped renewing this year. Up to this year, we would go through the hoops to get ~$119/year. But as we drove less and less and other streaming options were WAY better, we decided it wasn’t worth it.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • gyosa
    gyosa Posts: 698
    I have 2 separate accounts , all access , for my wife and me .... $99/yr - $8.25/month Each ....
    Been doing it for years ....
    You have to ask for it ....

I thrive on the Sirius XMU station ....
    Life would suck without it ....

😃

Bk
    Dayens Ampino , Yamaha wxc-50 , Polk SDA 1c’s ( my first love .. ) , Kimber Kable 4TC, Sony 42” - BEDROOM

B&K EX-442 ( it will go in my casket when I die ... ) , PS Audio 4.6 preamp ( old school , but it still jams on ... ) , Eversolo DMP-A6 , Boston Acoustic voyager 7’s - POOL

Parasound A21, Eversolo DMP-A8 , Yamaha wxc-50 , Kimber Kable 4vs , Salk Supercharged Song towers ( difficult choice between these and my family if I had to choose ... 😩 ) , Sony XBR-A8F 65” OLED - DEN , MAIN RIG

PS Audio S300 - sitting in the closet for now …

Onkyo TX-nr609 , Polk atrium 7 , Boston acoustic sound ware (4) , Boston acoustic sub , B&W center , Sharp 65” TV - PATIO
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,096
    It's really sad how these companies lure you with low rates, then hassle when you want to renew at a good price. That's exactly why I recently cut out cable TV, tired of playing games.

I received four or five free months of Sirius/Xm in my SUV when I bought it used. They required a CC to enable it. They did not start a permanent account after the trial period. I believe we had a discussion at that time. It's been four years now.

They have never called me, but I probably receive two emails a month and maybe six mailings a year with the same offer, 12 months for $5.00/month.

I did receive one email two years ago offering it for $3.00 a month for a year same mid-level package. I was tempted at that price, but figured that email was possibly bogus.

I'm content with the free preview periods maybe twice a year. When I'm driving I'm usually focusing on driving and my work. I can see that it would be really nice when traveling. But I can always play CD's.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,060
    edited May 2020
    Finally got a cancelation E-Mail today, it took 3 calls and some cussing but the third time was a charm they didnt have any credit card information which I told them, so I'm assuming they figured they wouldn't get a red cent from me anymore. Funny thing is it wont stream over the computer rig but both vehicles still have it then I found out Howard Stern paid for everyone until the end of May.

To ween the wife off it I showed her how to Stream Spotify in here vehicle with her phone. I can stream Tidal in my Vehicle so see ya Sirus XM your greed and deceptive practices costed you a paying customer, both Spotify and Tidal sound way better anyways.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • SniperREX
    SniperREX Posts: 930
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    both Spotify and Tidal sound way better anyways.

Yeah, if the audio quality was good I might have considered paying for it after my free period ended (it's useful for long road trips and I liked some news channels for my commute). Unfortunately, the audio quality is so bad... sounds like a bad MP3. Way too much compression due to cramming so many channels into as little bandwidth as possible... Also I've been working from home in the last two months...

TVs: Samsung S95B 65" QD-OLED (den) and LG C2 42" OLED (office)
    Receiver: Denon AVR-X3700H (den) and Denon AVR-X2300W (den)
    SACD and DVD-A player: Oppo BDP-83
    Mains: Polk RTi8 (den) and Dali Ikon 8 (office)
    Center: Polk CSi5 (den) and Polk CSi3 (office)
    Surrounds: Polk FXi5 (den) and Velodyne surrounds (office)
    Sub: SVS PB-2000 (den) and PCi 16-46 (office)
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,871
    Funny I've been tempted to sign up after the free trial in our vehicle is up. Mind you the only ch I listen to is classic vinyl.
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,049
    I don't even sign up for their promotional free offers anymore as imo it's not worth the price of free.
  • mhardy6647
    I liked the Grateful Dead channel -- but it's not worth the hassle.
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    I had em down to 5 bucks a month and that wasn't even worth it. The traffic thing that worked with that nav was kinda cool but waze pretty much does that on my phone. They gave me hell trying to quit I assured them if they kept it up I would never come back. I never came back. I avoid auto-renews like the plague I did get stuck with a paid month of HBO and that was a total waste of money.
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,926
    Just got an e-mail from SiriusXM offering $2.75/mo for 3 years. $99 up front one time payment.

It’s for a car that is almost 14 years old now. I used to use it on long trips, but found the sound quality very mediocre compared to CD or radio (this vehicle has a 13 speaker harman/kardon system, including subwoofer). It hasn’t been active in years.

Even at that price, I’m not seriously (Siriusly?!) considering it. It’s just easier to stream from my iPhone, and Apple Music is better at guessing my tastes. I like the variety of random music better than only playing from downloaded albums.

However, it looks as though they might have added the option to CANCEL ONLINE. Can’t be sure without trying it out.
    Alea jacta est!
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,313
    That 99 for 3 years I thought was if you signed up for a 5 year agreement.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • Kex
    edited December 2020
    erniejade wrote: »

This is from the e-mail:
    OFFER DETAILS: Activate a 3-year subscription on a Select package on your inactive radio, identified above, and pay $99 for 3 years, a savings of 83% off the current monthly rate of $16.99, plus get free activation (an additional $15 savings). Fees and taxes apply. A credit card is required on this offer. Service will not automatically renew. Please see our Customer Agreement for complete terms at www.siriusxm.com . All fees and programming subject to change. This offer may not be combined with any other and may be modified or terminated at any time. Offer good only on the active radio identified above.
    Alea jacta est!
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,049
    Fast forward to 2 months from my last post here in May. I bought a new truck in July and it comes with a free 6 month xm subscription. Damned if I didn't start liking it on my hour long commute every day. So I signed up for their package deal which includes online and mobile and have cancelled my Tidal account as well for additional savings. Never thought I'd see the day I would do that but 2020 has been a strange year.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited December 2020
    I remember going to sales training seminars and being told, "behind every "no" the customer says there's a "yes" waiting to come out". The technique was to ignore the first three "no's" and try and come up with a counter question that would get a "yes" response.
    I never paid much attention to that, I figured if the piece of stereo gear was really the correct one for the customer and if I explained how it worked so the customer was better informed the transaction would happen naturally. It usually did.
  • mhardy6647
    I never paid much attention to that, I figured if the piece of stereo gear was really the correct one for the customer and if I explained how it worked so the customer was better informed the transaction would happen naturally. It usually did.
    Yup.
    QFT, as they say :)

• erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,313
    Kex wrote: »
    erniejade wrote: »

This is from the e-mail:
    OFFER DETAILS: Activate a 3-year subscription on a Select package on your inactive radio, identified above, and pay $99 for 3 years, a savings of 83% off the current monthly rate of $16.99, plus get free activation (an additional $15 savings). Fees and taxes apply. A credit card is required on this offer. Service will not automatically renew. Please see our Customer Agreement for complete terms at www.siriusxm.com . All fees and programming subject to change. This offer may not be combined with any other and may be modified or terminated at any time. Offer good only on the active radio identified above.

That one is different then the one I received. The one I received said 99 for 3 years on a 5 year agreement. Yours looks like a much better deal.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • jhw59
    jhw59 Posts: 348
    $35 for 6 months with no card on file. No Howard and NFL channel. I can handle that.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,367
    A new car I got a few years ago had a six month free period. The recent new car had three months free. Bye bye Sirius XM. They've were calling and emailing every day for a month until the service expired.

I just stream FLAC files by Bluetooth from my phone now with a 128GB card or tune to a local news radio station for news.
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,517
    I have Sirius xm on both cars. I’m dreading the call to negotiate a better deal
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,871
    They call us once a month. At first I thought maybe I could use it. We bought our MDX in March of 2020. Then after the 3 months free beginning-mid pandemic call after call after letter and letter, I told them unless they can give it to us for free or near free for the next 3 months we are not taking it as I spend maybe on average 5 mins per car trip these days working from home. What good is paying for something we are not using. They have stopped calling. For now....
  • Kex
    edited December 2020
    Check your e-mails: maybe they’ve offered you that 3 years for $99 they offered me, and you’re not getting the offer because it’s in your spam folder (or you’re just ignoring it).

They’ve been sending me mail offers for years, but never once a phone call, thank God.
    Alea jacta est!
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,185
    edited January 2021
    Is it just me or is the sound quality just horrible on SirusXM? I picked up a new to me used vehicle last month. It had an active account from the previous owner. I listened to it once, went through most of the channels and couldn't find one that sounded anywhere near as good as FM radio, which is pretty awful these days too.

I guess they found out about the purchase and sent me the "3-free month" paperwork with a deal to get an extra 3-months for $2, but (the kicker) you have to give them a card #...no way, now how! My iPod sounds way better and so does bluetooth streaming even on the free Pandora settings. My trial will end and that will be it.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...