Back in the Big SDA club...

Options
TroyD
TroyD Posts: 13,077
So, braved the ‘Rona and went down to lovely Hilton Head Island and picked up my new, one owner, low mileage 2.3tl’s

Bone stock and pretty darn minty. Sharp edges, no scuffs or marks anywhere. Fabric in great shape as well. Only thing missing is floor spikes....

The Adcom gear is minty as well....and everything has manuals and sales literature.

Not a bad haul today....90276cxavdoy.jpeg
pgkcodbl5bs0.jpeg
dddgt4xkn2n4.jpeg
I plan for the future. - F1Nut

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,802
    Options
    Say it...
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,066
    Options
    Nice looking 2.3's what you give for em? What Adcom stuff did you get? Enjoy The new Big SDAs.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,558
    Options
    ouch. I never owned a set, but helped carry some.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,334
    Options
    Nice score, Troy. Glad to hear everything went well for ya'.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options
    They look great.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    Options
    BDT, that's one heck of a score man! Congrats! Grab a white lab coat and pose with them. Lab coat ONLY!

You got this.
    No excuses!
  • TroyD
    Options
    BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I was thinking sweatpants and a wife beater.....

Oh, wait, you already did that...
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,100
    Options
    TroyD wrote: »
    So, I ain’t one to brag.....but, the SDA’s, Adcom GTP 500 pre/tuna and GFA 545. (100 wpc) all for 500 bucks.

It’s been 10 years exactly since I sold my other pair.

HAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRR !

Anyone got a set of spikes to spare and does Polk stock the RDO198’s?

BDT (of the Big SDA having Dion’s)

Congrats! I miss Hilton Head. I used to date a girl who’s father owned a couple of Wendy’s franchises on the island back in the late 1980’s..
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    Options
    BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I was thinking sweatpants and a wife beater.....

Oh, wait, you already did that...

I claim no copyright at all for that look. Feel free to bring back the magic of yesteryear,

Come on BDT, you got this!

No excuses!
  • treitz3
    Options
    Good to see you again, @Strong Bad.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    Options
    Congratulations Troy! Very nice score!
    Carl

• boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,472
    Options
    Sweet deal on some beautiful speakers Troy. When I 1st started here years back my 1st Polk speakers were the rta15tl & later I was on a search for 1c's & I auditioned a pair of 1c's on Clist that were hooked to Adcom 545. Man those sounded very nice on the Adcom. Congrats on the great find. Enjoy
    Randy/Maine
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,802
    Options
    So, I ain’t one to brag.....but, the SDA’s, Adcom GTP 500 pre/tuna and GFA 545. (100 wpc) all for 500 bucks.

It’s been 10 years exactly since I sold my other pair.

HAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRR !

Anyone got a set of spikes to spare and does Polk stock the RDO198’s?

BDT (of the Big SDA having Dion’s)

Midwest has them, https://www.midwestspeakerrepair.com/shop/home-audio/tweeters/polk-audio-1-tweeters/polk-audio-sl2500-sl3000-1-inch-dome-tweeter/
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,578
    Options
    Congratulations Troy! That looks like a great set.

Rock on
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,085
    Options
    You stole the equipment.... CONGRATS
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,759
    Options
    Nice score! Congrats!
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,071
    Options
    You still haven't said it.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • treitz3
    Options
    qay7b455vi3i.png

Tom
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Options
    Outstanding! Could not have gone to a better Polkie (except for me, of course!!) lol :) Enjoy!!
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Options
    To find an Original Owner pair, in that condition and at that price.

PRICELESS Congrats!
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,914
    Options
    Congrats!
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,637
    Options
    Congrats. You got a killer deal on those.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    Options
    Sweet man, it's always nice to get a stupid killer deal like that.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • charley96
    charley96 Posts: 306
    Options
    What a killer deal, especially when ya look at al the beat up ones on Ebay. I never could figure why so many beat them up. My 15TL's look just as new as the day I bought them in 91.
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,042
    Options
    I want dibs of you decide to sell one day!
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
  • TroyD
    Options
    I want dibs of you decide to sell one day!

Honestly, I can’t see these leaving. I’m long since past swapping out speakers. I’m going to move the Thiels....get the Quads repaired for the mancave and call it a day.

BDT

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Troy shoots and scores while dodging the 'rona. Ya gotta love the commitment. Congrats man.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,100
    Options
    Not to rain on the celebration here too much, but technically you are back in the medium SDA category, right between the 3.1TL and the 1.2TL... o:)
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson