All I have to listen to are

afterburnt
afterburnt Posts: 7,892
Some Monitor 40 series II but at least they're are hooked up to a Parasound A31 :'( . By Monday everything will be boxed up and I will have nothing to listen to but the wailing and gnashing of teeth that plays in my head.

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    edited April 2020
    old time amalgam tooth fillings would sometimes act as detectors and pick up strong local AM radio stations.

• Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,892
    It”s not the stations 📻 that are the issue (plenty of options for those on a phone these days)...

What he needs is a Beats Pill, a HomePod, or something similar of the Bluetooth variety!
    Alea jacta est!
  • afterburnt
    Kex wrote: »
    It”s not the stations 📻 that are the issue (plenty of options for those on a phone these days)...

What he needs is a Beats Pill, a HomePod, or something similar of the Bluetooth variety!

@Kex What are these things that you speak of?
  • rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    afterburnt wrote: »
    Some Monitor 40 series II but at least they're are hooked up to a Parasound A31 :'( . By Monday everything will be boxed up and I will have nothing to listen to but the wailing and gnashing of teeth that plays in my head.

I didn't think you were moving for a few more years.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• afterburnt
    Jesse I will be retired June 1st so I am well into the process of moving.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Ah ha
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    old time amalgam tooth fillings would sometimes act as detectors and pick up strong local AM radio stations.

I'm almost certain that was the premise for an episode of "The Brady Bunch". :o
  • afterburnt
    Viking64 wrote: »
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

I'm almost certain that was the premise for an episode of "The Brady Bunch". :o

No, that was braces on The Partridge Family of Ben Casey.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Gilligan had that problem on one episode long before the Bunch...
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus