Rosso Fiorentino Elba II

Options
marvda1
marvda1 Posts: 4,882
Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
Puritan PSM156

Comments

• maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,528
    Options
    Very nice review, Marv.
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,167
    Options
    Great review !!
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,320
    Options
    Great review.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • jumpindick
    jumpindick Posts: 428
    Options
    Nice review Marvin. I had an opportunity to listen to Elba II couple of months back when I was in Dallas. One particular song-- Chocolate Chip Trip was real fun to listen to.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,646
    Options
    "The mid-range is where I came to fall in love with the Elbas, as they superbly displayed a richness of sound along with fine depth and ambiance."

This is what I heard at Axpona last year with the Rosso Fiorentino Fiesole speakers in Skip's room.
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,639
    Options
    Great review Marvin.
  • maxward
    Options
    Were the speakers placed as shown in the first picture? Looks like several feet out.
  • marvda1
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Yes.
    speakers are 4'7" from the front wall, 2'4" from side walls, 7'4" apart, and 8' to my chair in the 12'x15'x8' room.
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • maxward
    Options
    Thanks. Good information for people to know.
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Options
    Good review, very enjoyable read.
  • marvda1
    Options
    thanks everyone, now on to the norma review.
    Puritan PSM156
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    Great review, Marv.

I, too, am completely Rosso Fiorentino biased. And I am once again in love with audio because of my Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2s.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    edited April 2020
    Options
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    Great review, Marv.

I, too, am completely Rosso Fiorentino biased. And I am once again in love with audio because of my Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2s.

wow you got them? WTG :p ..me too on on being Biased...You all know Marvin is very Biased too right? LOL I don't know why though >:)

p.s. I stop listening to Marvin so time back..hes only trouble..he drag you down that hole we all know you don't want to go down!

P.s. Marvin when did you switch out DAC's?
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,103
    Options
    Another biased Rosso guy here. From the bookies to their bad boys, every pair I’ve heard are just awesome. Skip and I ran the Volterra (I think) on my Dayens Ecstasy and they sounded fantastic. Point being, you don’t have to spend a ton on the front end to get great sound. I’m jealous of you lucky dogs who own a pair.

Great write up Marvin. Hope you are doing well.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden