Son, you're in a heap of trouble

F1nut
F1nut Posts: 49,711
edited April 2020 in The Clubhouse
Today in NYC

https://youtu.be/02pO7vWEPD4

It's a Gemballa Mirage GT, one of 25 ever made and worth $750k. The driver was charged with driving under the influence of drugs and reckless driving. He took out 5 cars in total.
Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

Comments

• CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    These guys get in these super/hyper cars and turn off all the nannies like traction control and stability control and think they can handle the car!

Dummies!
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    During these times there’s plenty of open road elsewhere just a few miles away...the city though...yup dummies
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    Well, well. It seems we DO lead the nation in morons after all, eh Jesse? :D
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,199
    Oh oh, better get Maaco !
    Sal Palooza
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    I would imagine Daddy posted Bail shortly after.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    edited April 2020
    Money can't buy common sense. Just awesome cars, women, mansions, politicians, and more money.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • CH46E
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Money can't buy common sense. Just awesome cars, women, mansions, politicians, and more money.

Hmm, compelling argument! I might take that trade! 😅😅
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,310
    But was the Blaupunkt pull-out recovered?
    I disabled signatures.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,903
    Heck, that'll buff right out.

HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    I hope he was on a test drive.
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,636
    His insurance premiums have now surpassed his car note.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,310
    That was a dude named Ben Chen, apparently, and he's wrecked a bunch of cars like this one.
    I disabled signatures.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    How incredibly stupid can anyone be? These types of things are all over youtube.
    I watch people with very nice high performance cars drive them like they stole them. Having no respect for such beautiful machines. As a car guy it makes me sad inside.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    1 of 25? To me, this feels like a death of exquisite automotive race craft history more than a simple automotive accident. If I were a manufacturer and found out this cat (or another family member) wants to purchase another exotic car? DENIED!!!

Go trash a Mustang or something that is a dime a dozen, you stupid heap of puss.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    How about quit trashing cars before you kill someone other than yourself
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • "Relax! Alright? My old man is a television repair man. He has this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it"
    FKA: anton.chigurh (see profile page)
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,163
    Same basic car that killed Paul Walker. The Carrera GT does not have (never had) any stability control nannys. That's why you see these crazy wrecks with it.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • CH46E
    billbillw wrote: »
    Same basic car that killed Paul Walker. The Carrera GT does not have (never had) any stability control nannys. That's why you see these crazy wrecks with it.

No stability control but I'm pretty sure they had traction control. None the less is has been notoriously difficult to handle when being pushed.
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,908
    edited April 2020
    When I had my modded MINI Cooper S that I use to do track days with I use to love passing high HP cars driven by rich guys who couldn't drive in the corners. Of course on the straights they would pass me as it took no talent to do that.

They hated getting passed by a lowly MINI Cooper. When I saw them in the pit area I would always wave at them as I drove by, needless to say I got a lot of dirty looks.

If you're going to have a car like that you need to have the talent to drive it or a least have some one on one driver training with a Pro.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,908
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    During these times there’s plenty of open road elsewhere just a few miles away...the city though...yup dummies

Only problem with that is he might have been going way over the speed limit on an open road and lost it and killed someone or several people.

They need too take his license away and never give it back before he kills someone.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • huggies
    huggies Posts: 149
    Nightfall wrote: »

and freedom. Had I done this, I'd still be in jail.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    It will take 300k to fix it, and somebody out there will do so. Not a total loss. When I see a P-51 or other WW2 aircraft go down, those are losses that will never come back, as even the pieces are too stressed to fly again. They are the ones that break my heart.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    If you watch the very beginning of the video you can see he loses control as the car hits the painted white lines and there are a lot of painted white lines, which have a very different grip factor than asphalt. That could explain the loss of control. Another possible reason is a crown in the road at the intersection. Regardless, as noted that car is notoriously difficult to handle and being high on drugs (I'm betting coke) sure doesn't help.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Nesmith98
    Nesmith98 Posts: 213
    Police seem pretty cavalier about it. Looks like he was even going to get back into the car when the officer told him to "stand over there". Most people would be handcuffed and/or licking the pavement just for doing that, especially since the police probably had to drive thru a trail of destruction.

Those rear/mid engine cars have no forgiveness even in a slight fishtail. That weight wants to come to the front like a dart being thrown backwards. I agree @F1nut this happened in the morning, those lines were most likely wet with dew.
  • zarrdoss
    zarrdoss Posts: 2,562
    Kind of curious as to why he was not even handcuffed? This has got to be the calmest officer I have seen given the circumstances.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    edited April 2020
    Edited for redundancy.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    zarrdoss wrote: »
    Kind of curious as to why he was not even handcuffed? This has got to be the calmest officer I have seen given the circumstances.

Perhaps because he wasn't playing with his kid in a park despite some bozo governor's over-reaching stay at home order...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson