Testing Testing 12..

My first post.... thought I would introduce myself. My name is Bobby. I am a retired shipfitter and have been into music all my life but it wasn't until 7 to 8 years ago that I started collecting and restoring vintage audio gear. I have a modest collection at the moment as I had to sell off a lot of my gear do to illness. I'm back at it and starting to build up my collection again. I am also a woodworker and have built several sets of speakers over the years. I am going to be building a dedicated home theater/ listening space. I have always loved Polk products and am excited to use all Polk in the theater. I am currently looking at the Signature line. I also want to have a vintage HiFi set up as well. I may be purchasing a Dynaco tube amp in kit form and using my Yamaha YP-D6 turntable with it in an all analog system.
I just finished restoring a set of MB Quart 280 speakers that I absolutely love but may have to part with them for something more efficient.
So any ways... just wanted to finally say Hello after lurking here for some time now. The pics below are of the Quarts and one of the crossover's I built for them. Figured I would test posting pics and provide a little eye candy at the same time. Don't know about all of you, but I have a healthy fetish for speaker pics.
I hope all is well with everyone during this crazy time and look forward to passing the time with all of you.

ww3qlx0isb9a.jpg
wosczsxnqy8g.jpg
k0gm9laoyqae.jpg
l8kq13jxgoml.jpg

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    Welcome to insanity.....errrr Club Polk.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• JohnGalt
    JohnGalt Posts: 23
    F1nut wrote: »
    Welcome to insanity.....errrr Club Polk.

Well if that is the forums motto then I will fit right in...lol

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    Your picture looks like a man that posesses certain "skills"...
    Welcome aboard.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,306
    Hey, welcome, Bobby!
    Yeah, you'll fit right in.

The Signatures can be a good fit for combo use speakers.
    I disabled signatures.
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,305
    Welcome aboard!

I used to run MBQ separates in my car system many, many years ago - always liked the sound...

Great to have you here...
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• JohnGalt
    JohnGalt Posts: 23
    Thanks guys. I had never even heard of MBQ until I came across these. Right away they reminded me of a/d/s or Braun. I have not been able to confirm that Braun had a hand in these but I did find this written on the inside of one of them...
    xltd29h3p25a.jpg

I may start a thread on them in the vintage forum tomorrow. Meanwhile for anyone who may do a search for this model in the future, I found this interesting read from 1988....
    http://www.gammaelectronics.xyz/audio_12-1988_mb-quart.html
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    Welcome to Club Polk, Bobby!