Elusive disc 50% sale

marvda1
marvda1 Posts: 4,862
Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
Puritan PSM156

Comments

• marvda1
    i have two of the jazz at the pawn shop cds. music i guess it's ok but do you think it's worth $60 bucks for the three cd set? make great demo music.
    https://elusivedisc.com/jazz-at-the-pawnshop-limited-ultimate-edition-ultra-hd-3cd-dvd/
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    What's "Ultra HD CD"?
  • marvda1
    afterburnt wrote: »
    What's "Ultra HD CD"?

here's how they describe it.

Ultra High Definition 32-Bit Mastering!
    Ultra High Definition 32-Bit Mastering is a proprietary ultra-high-quality mastering system. This leading-edge system has achieved unprecedented sonority and musicality, reproducing as closely as possible the sound of the original master tape! This format employs what is currently the highest attainable resolution bit depth (word length) in the professional audio field, i.e. 32-bit. 32-bit resolution makes possible maximized, undistorted dynamics, and the lowest noise floor, allowing even the quietest musical information to be heard more clearly. This breakthrough results from the development, through years of experience and application of advanced digital technology, of a sophisticated A/D and D/A processing system.

Ultra HD 32-Bit Mastering does not specify a sampling rate; this allows flexibility in meticulously choosing the appropriate bandwidth for a particular recording. The higher the sampling rate -- for example, 192 kHz -- the greater the bandwidth. However, merely employing the greatest bandwidth may not guarantee the ultimate sound. With some recordings, a lower sampling rate -- 96 or 176 kHz -- may offer better musicality and more homogeneous harmonics. This determination requires careful and discerning auditioning and professional judgment. In the end, the human beings hearing and emotions should be the final arbiter, rather than the print-out of testing equipment or technical measurements.

Recognizing these variables, FIM nevertheless tries to use 32-bit depth and 192 kHz bandwidth whenever the original analog master is at hand. Alternatively, if the original recording is on 24/96, the 32/96 may eventually be used to maintain the integrity of the sonority particular to that recording. With this flexibility, First Impression Music believes that preeminent sound is only achievable when the chemistry of the recording, mastering, glass-stamper making, replication, and quality control is right. As always, listening is believing.

This recording has been mastered by the new Ultra High Definition 32-Bit Mastering process, which creates an unbelievable sound surpassing other formats!

The benefits of Ultra HD 32-Bit Mastering:
    • Ambience of Analogue Sound
    • Higher Resolution
    • Undistorted Dynamics
    • The Lowest Noise Floor, allowing even the quietest musical information to be heard more clearly!
    • Richer Sound Field
    • Master-Tape Quality Sound!!!
    • Delivers what musicians originally intended!
    Puritan PSM156
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    So it's not like an HDCD that needs special decoding?
  • marvda1
    no
    Puritan PSM156
  • marvda1
    I bought some of the redone telarc cds. I have the originals and these new cds do sound a lot better.
    Puritan PSM156
  • jumpindick
    jumpindick Posts: 428
    That site has some really good albums at pretty nice price. Thanks Marvin.
  • vcwatkins
    vcwatkins Posts: 1,993
    Thanks @marvda1 !
    Beach Audio: Rega RP6 (mods) - AT33PTG/II - Parks Budgie SUT - PSAudio NPC * Eversolo DMP-A6 * Schiit Yggy * Joule-Electra LA-100 mkIII * Pass Aleph 30 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 2.3tl (mods) * PSAudio PPP3
    Beach Study: Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra & Pre Box S2 * Pass ACA * DH Labs SS Q10 * Brines Folded ML-TQWT RS 40-1354 * PSA Dectet
    Beach Master: WiiM Pro * Dayens Menuetto * Zu Libtec * Dynaudio Audience 50
    Beach Den: Bluesound Powernode 2i * DH Labs SS Q10 * Zu Omen DWII * Richard Gray RGPC
    Town Study: WiiM Pro * Chord Qute (Pardo) * Elekit TU-8600 * MIT S3 * Revel M22 * Beyer DT-990 * Shunyata Hydra 2
    Town Den: Music Hall mm5.1se - Denon DL-103r - Jolida JD9ii (mods) * WiiM Pro * Cary xCiter * Rogue 99 Magnum * Schiit Aegir * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2tl (mods) * Dectet * Bottlehead Crack - Senn 600
    Town Porch: WiiM Pro Plus * Sunfire Sig II * Canare 4S11 * Magnepan 1.6 * Dectet
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Bummer no bluray music or SACD sales....
  • marvda1
    Puritan PSM156
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Hmmm thinking.... thinking
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited April 2020
    Just looked and saw some I would like to buy and they're out, on backorder or regular prices.

I didn't look but on about 10 pages. ;)

Bill Wither's greatest hits is on back-order.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,474
    Tony M wrote: »
    Bill Wither's greatest hits is on back-order.

Didn't look to see which one you're looking for but I'm spinning the FLAC rip of The Best of Bill Withers: Lean on Me and the SQ is very good. Looks like it's out on Amazon, too:
    https://www.amazon.com/Best-Bill-Withers-Lean-Me/dp/B00004THKR
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬