Latest Corona music find

Willow
Willow Posts: 10,862
Just wondering if anyone has discovered any new music during this isolation time. Post it here, doesn't matter what the genre is.

Comments

• Willow
    Beats the skin version.

I've been listening to classic vinyl on sxm.
  • Willow
    Bread. Guitar man.
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,066
    Willow wrote: »
    Bread. Guitar man.

Finally!!
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • Willow
    Willow wrote: »
    Bread. Guitar man.

Finally!!

You like?
  • Willow
    Been listening to a mix of classical music while we work from home and the kids do their school work.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    Bad Wolves.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Roon just played a Dierks Bentley song after a pistol Annies album ended. Never cared for him, but he made this prog folk album where the punch brothers join in on several songs. It’s pretty darn good...

https://youtu.be/7fDkVmW_HnI
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • BlueBirdMusic
    edited April 2020
    rooftop59
    I really like Dierks; his band rocks. It took me awhile to arrive at how great his music is. I think Black is his best album.

Last year, my girl and I went to an amphitheater in Roswell GA to see him. He was the headline following Lanco then Brothers Osborne. I had never heard Lanco's music but it was absolutely great; the lead singer has a unique voice.

From the first time I saw them, the Brothers Osborne have been a favorite of mine. Lots of great guitar and lyrics. The crowd was dancing to all songs.

After a few Grey Gooses and tonic, I decided there is no way Dierks could outdo Brothers Osborne. I was wrong.

Dierks is not afraid to have opening acts that might show him up. His performance was unbelievable way beyond his studio albums. I can't say enough about how great his band is. He brought out people from both the first bands to perform with his band. The concert went on and on.

At the end, my girl and I decided it was the best concert we had seen in about two years.

I had to listen to Brothers Osborne after talking about them.

https://youtu.be/E5RDEXpc8OY

Harry
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    rooftop59
    I really like Dierks; his band rocks. It took me awhile to arrive at how great his music is. I think Black is his best album.

After a few Grey Gooses and tonic, I decided there is no way Dierks could outdo Brothers Osborne. I was wrong.

Dierks is not afraid to have opening acts that might show him up. His performance was unbelievable way beyond his studio albums. I can't say enough about how great his band is. He brought out people from both the first bands to perform with his band. The concert went on and on.

Harry

Harry,

I agree with you about Dierks, at least from his 2 songs I have heard. I don't listen to modern country, but I heard the song about getting drunk on a plane a few times on someone else's radio and I absolutely loved the guitar tone on the solo.

I have played that video at least 20 times on YouTube since. (The video is a riot as well!) :p

I love this guitar solo more than any other I have heard since 1997! Extra points for his Blue Oyster Cult shirt! HAHAHAHAHA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrM39m22jH4

• BlueBirdMusic
    Viking64, I've watched that video many times. I used to travel a lot for my job and it hit home for me.

I really like the music on youtube and vevo. It's great to see the people who do the performances.

Harry

Harry / Marietta GA
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    Viking64, I've watched that video many times. I used to travel a lot for my job and it hit home for me.

I really like the music on youtube and vevo. It's great to see the people who do the performances.

Harry

It was a Joe Bonamassa video on YouTube that inspired me to restore my 2.3TLs. Even with a blown tweeter and a disconnected mid-woofer, it sounded amazing. :p