Tax 2019

BlueFox
BlueFox Posts: 15,251
For whatever reason, I had my taxes done early this year versus waiting to the last minute. Even though I only worked four months last year, I have to pay Federal, but get money back from the state. LOL

Anyway, with the c r a p occurring now I really don’t mind paying. Good luck everyone.
Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
Three 20 amp circuits.

Comments

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Agree

Just like I’m glad I don’t qualify nor will be forced to get a govt check with this stimulus

I also paid bonuses to my employees last week

They asked why, ...told them to pay it forward to their family/friends if in need

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,067
    I won't be accepting money either even though I more than qualify.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Nightfall wrote: »

You should bro, if you qualify ...save or pay forward

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,090
    Nightfall wrote: »

I will take whatever they give and pay it right back to clear the tax debt I incurred after my mother’s passing. I have just about that much left to give them anyway.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    I get nothing, glad I don't qualify.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,024
    edited March 2020
    We got refund checks in the mail today (well, maybe yesterday). We didn't go to the P.O. yesterday. Social distancing and all that rot, eh what? :|

We normally apply any refunds back to quarterly estimated taxes (for the next tax year), but, based on last year and anticipated for this, we actually took at least some of the refunds in cash form this year.

I think I mentioned that, when I retired & started my consultancy LLC, I figured it was
    time to start using a CPA. I really, really like using a CPA for taxes, and I don't begrudge 'em a penny of their cost. The diminution of stress this time of year for both Mrs. H and me is priceless. :)

• Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,926
    Amen for diminution of stress, dude!
    Alea jacta est!