Ohio Lockdown (Stay Home) 9 am or 9 pm Mon 3/23/2020

tophatjohnny
tophatjohnny Posts: 4,162
edited March 2020 in The Clubhouse
Knew it would happen. Hope all Polk members that live here in Ohio rock it like champions. We will get through it guys! Turn it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think all states are going to do this. ?? How bout where u live??
"if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!

Comments

• chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    That's My plan. Go thru a few of those box sets.
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited March 2020
    I am in Columbus, I've been pretty much on lock down anyway.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 999
    8 pm tonight for NY.
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,135
    Knew it would happen. Hope all Polk members that live here in Ohio rock it like champions. We will get through it guys! Turn it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think all states are going to do this. ?? How bout where u live??

If it is anything like the one in NJ, there will still be tons of people on the roads and nobody is questioning anybody's right or reason to be there, and if by some miracle you are questioned, all you have to say is that you are on your way to one of the 100s of *essential businesses* that remain open, such as the liquor store.
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    edited March 2020
    I am in Columbus, I've been pretty much on lock down anyway.

I’m just east of Cbus in Pickerington. We’ve also been locked down the last 10 days or so. The shelter in place won’t feel much different. Wife and I both have been teleworking, three kids home from school. The fourth kid’s daycare closed a week ago, not like we’d taken him there anyway. Only been essential travel for us; getting our clicklist order once a week.

Trying to do our part to stay healthy and not spread this thing.

We did pick up a new roku for the home theater. The first gen fire tv box, it replaced, seemed to becoming obsolete and we we’re having several issues with it. With all our time now being spent at home figured it was time to upgrade.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • motorhead43026
    edited March 2020
    Jeremy, was that that your Duc I saw for sale late last summer?

Yeah, I have been work at home the last 13 years.

Take care.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

• jeremymarcinko
    It was, but I couldn’t go through with it. 4 kids no time; was going to move it along but then figured I’d get the bug again and just have to buy another.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • motorhead43026
    Ha, good move.

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Good luck guys. ;)

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Tony M wrote: »
    Good luck guys. ;)

Stay safe My Ohio brothers and sisters!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    Not state wide in Texas yet, but Dallas county just did. Denton county where I live is right next door to Dallas county.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • tophatjohnny
    edited March 2020
    Here we go day 1 of what we've been exercising for about 2 weeks already anyway. Just seems strange when it's in order form which stems from the IOWA act no doubt!
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • krazypolk
    krazypolk Posts: 745
    If some governor is going to keep me on lockdown he better have someone outside my door. Otherwise I'll do as I please.
  • chumlie
    Looks like I'm an essential part of the machine. Work as usual.
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,491
    Still rockin' in the "free" world! Good day to my Bros from Ohios
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • motorhead43026
    Cleveland Rocks.

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    SIHAB wrote: »

Welcome back brother! Good to see you back from quarantine! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,491
    Thank you sir. I hope everyone is doing well.
    verb wrote: »
    SIHAB wrote: »

Welcome back brother! Good to see you back from quarantine! :smile:

Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • miner
    miner Posts: 1,305
    Harris County, Texas (Houston) will begin tomorrow 3/25 at midnight.
    [
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,786
    In Toledo, Oh. I'm staying up. My crossovers for my SRS's aren't with me. I am debating moving my Klipsch out of my TV system down to my stereo.
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • tophatjohnny
    Still ok here to exercise (walking bike rides) and grocery store trips, so no big deal yet.
    Hope all are ok and this passes quick.
  • jeremymarcinko
    Does riding a Ducati fall under “ride bikes” or outdoor recreation???
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    MA Governor Charlie Baker issued an emergency order requiring all businesses and organizations that do not provide “COVID-19 Essential Services” to close their physical workplaces and facilities to workers, customers and the public as of Tuesday, March 24th at noon until Tuesday, April 7th at noon.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • chumlie
    Now I'm wishing I did get layed off. $600 a week on top of your unemployment check. CHA CHING. More than I make working.
  • tophatjohnny
    chumlie wrote: »
    Now I'm wishing I did get layed off. $600 a week on top of your unemployment check. CHA CHING. More than I make working.

If you want to earn more, learn more! 😉
  • chumlie

I earn decent now. Not a thousand a week take home that there giving out now. I'll bet a lot of these laid off workers are doing cartwheels now. :)
  • tophatjohnny
    Guess so😃not I!!
  • BinKY188_5
    BinKY188_5 Posts: 128

Did this actually stay in the Economic Rescue Package that was passed last night?

• motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,042

I earn decent now. Not a thousand a week take home that there giving out now. I'll bet a lot of these laid off workers are doing cartwheels now. :)

I've been on my annual winter layoff and this package will help take some of the sting out of the 60+G's I've watched disappear from my 401k but it's a looonngg ways from making me want to do cartwheels. Now finding a cure and getting this country back up to running speed now that would make me want to try a backflip.