What are good speaker cables for Polk Audio LSIM703?

Options
Hi. I am new to this speaker hobby so I have to ask. What kind of cables do you prefer for LSIM703 speakers. Just for two days I've had the opportunity to listen using Chord Odyssey X and the speakers came totally alive to my ears but had to give them back to my friend. I am using right now GearIt 12 AWG cables and they are absolutely horrible, treble glare, muddy bass, subdued mids. My budget is $200 for a pair but I would like them to be cheaper if possible for around 12-13 feet each. I am fine with making them myself. Please, share your opinion. Thank you.

Best Answer

Answers

• marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,874
    edited March 2020
    Options
    if you could raise your budget a little and talk this guy down some this is a killer deal. i know the link says cardas interconnects but it goes to analysis plus speaker cables.
    https://www.audiogon.com/listings/interconnects-cardas-audio-hexlink-golden-5-c-x-long-5-meter-pair-w-rcas-2016-05-23-cables-11230-brooklyn-ny
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • rburgess714
    rburgess714 Posts: 616
    Options
    I have been happy with Douglas Connection speakers cables and ICs . You can custom order size and amp and speaker end connectors.

https://douglasconnection.com/product/bravo-12awg-bi-amp-ofhc-speaker-cables/
    Living Room
    Parasound HINT 6, Yamaha Aventage RX-A 1060, Oppo 103D, Cambridge Audio Azur 851N, KLH Model 5s, Polk CSi A6, Samsung 65" LED

Office
    Yamaha A-S501, Auralic Aries Mini, LSiM 703s

Douglas Connection ICs and Cables
  • levski
    levski Posts: 3
    Options
    I just opened the Douglas connection website. The raw cables are really cheap. I wonder if Furez 10 or 12 AWG can compete with Canare 4s11 or Audioquest Type 4.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,586
    Options
    levski wrote: »
    I just opened the Douglas connection website. The raw cables are really cheap. I wonder if Furez 10 or 12 AWG can compete with Canare 4s11 or Audioquest Type 4.

Yes they can. There's also
    http://signalcable.com/ both Frank at Signal cable and Doug @helipilotdoug at Douglas connection offer small discounts for forum members here.
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,481
    Options
    levski wrote: »

I run the Furez 10awg to my 703s and like them a lot. They replaced a pair of Canare 4s11 cables. Not going back to the Canare.
  • levski
    levski Posts: 3
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I saw your reply about Furez 10 AWG. I have some questions if you have time. What is the overall balance of the sound, treble extension, mids and the bass? Did the music become more dynamic and revealing or with more bass and warmer? And what kind of plugs you are using. I think I am going to make the cables myself. Thank you in advance.