What have you been doing with your new found free time?

Comments

• Polkitup2
    Polkitup2 Posts: 1,619
    I ordered some books from Amazon. I have not read any A.G. Riddle books before, but so far I really like it:

rf07nknbo4ev.jpg
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Plans for our gardens complete. YEAH!

One is 14 X 28, second is 15 X 30.

Daughter is starting the seedlings. Double YEAH!

Finished cracking all the black walnuts I've been drying. What a pain that was!!!!

Totally worth it, man they are tasty.... :)

• classic carl
    classic carl Posts: 648
    edited March 2020
    I'm retired, so no more free time than usual. I go on an hour long bike ride (12 laps around the condo complex is 11 miles) in the morning, followed by a dip in the 85 degree heated pool after a shower. I brought a pair of speakers, a preamp, power amp, and a Squeezebox with me this year. My entire CD collection is ripped to my laptop. It will all go back to PA with me except for the speakers (Polk RT55i). I usually take another dip in the pool before dinner. The chlorine will kill anything, so I'm told.

It's in the upper 80's here in Florida. I'm anxious to get back to our home in PA, but it's probably safer down here. Zero cases so far in our FL county and 3 so far in our PA county. Besides, the golf courses are closed in PA, and open here, although I haven't played in the past 2 weeks. I'm pretty much staying in the condo complex, except for fetching groceries.
    Main System:
    Proton AA-1150 ~ Yamaha C-4 ~ Furman Elite-15 DMi ~ Sennheiser HD600 ~ Monitor Audio Silver RS8 & FB210 ~ Martin Logan Dynamo ~ Teac R-919X ~ Marantz CD5003 ~ Squeezebox Classic ~ Music Hall dac25.2 ~ Dual 1229/Acutex M312 III STR ~ Music Hall mmf-5.1/Goldring 1012GX ~ Music Hall Cruise Control 2.0

Home Theater:
    Vizio V585-H11 ~ Yamaha RX-V800 ~ Furman Elite-15 DMi ~ Marantz DV6001 ~ EPI M90 ~ Polk Audio RT35i ~ CS400i ~ (2) Polk Audio PSW450

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    edited March 2020
    oldrocker wrote: »

Finished cracking all the black walnuts I've been drying. What a pain that was!!!!

I ordered electric fence stuff for our secondary garden plot yesterday, so I'm (almost) right there with you.

We don't see any sign of the garlic coming up, though -- may have to venture out and buy some more and re-plant :(

Here's our main garden (48 x 20, just looked it up) from last year. Our farmer-neighbor hays our back field (contiguous with one of their fields, down the hill) -- as shown in the photo. :)

e06q7loob3gx.jpg

Here's an older photo (2016) of our secondary garden -- I think this one's about EDIT 15 x 25, but that's a guesstimate. :p

28545510924_83b7c55d05_b.jpgDSC_5430 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,126
    Working from home is normal for me, but the hours through these daily changes have been more than usual unfortunately.
    Also running between houses and our storage unit quite a bit. My house is under contract and depending on how thinks look we'll be listing my fiance's house in late April hopefully. So lots of house prep really.
    Also a lot of cooking so we less unknown things coming in & out of the house. That's probably been the most fun and enjoyable change.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    Everyday is a trying day.
    Woke up, Worked out did Shoulder Cardio and Abs. Ate Breakfast and then did Laundry. Played some Video games watched re runs of the Good Doctor , Took my Daughter back and forth to work, Ate diner and now I'm sitting here.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Free time?
    tenor.gif
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    edited March 2020

I have one of these for gathering nuts off the ground. Do you have one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9pRMNjnVdk
    Post edited by aprazer402 on
  • Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,623
    Became a teacher overnight for my two daughters. I already HATED common core, now it’s simply blind rage...

Took a virtual bike ride thanks to my trainer and Zwift. Climbing has always been my weak spot. So I’m going to deal with the pain and focus on climbing so that I’m ready for the upcoming cycling season.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    I should have more time, but with 4 kids 5-12 years old, not much besides the bare essentials for work is getting done right now.

Not too often that I’m jealous of you old farts😂😜
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • oldrocker
    aprazer402 wrote: »

I have one of these for gathering nuts off the ground. Do you have one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9pRMNjnVdk

No Sir I do not.

I do have a plastic hand held device that my Mom used to use to assist her in getting items out her cabinets. Cans, cups and stuff in the fridge.

I altered the size of the grip section and extended the thing so I could keep my lazy butt on the mower and drive around picking them up.

Works great :D

• oldrocker
    I need a bit more fencing myself Doc.

Going tomorrow before the Indiana non essential stay home thing goes into affect. Daughter really digs gardening, keeps adding more and more ideas... :#

Super excited about the stuff she's got going, herbs, spices, flowers and roots.

She knows some really interesting stuff to put in tea's for various medical conditions.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    Super excited about the stuff she's got going, herbs, spices, flowers and roots.

She knows some really interesting stuff to put in tea's for various medical conditions.
    So ho long does it take for peyote to come to fruition????
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,950
    Yes....inquiring minds want to know for....curiosity purposes only.
  • oldrocker
    I'll never tell.... :D
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    I've been working at home for 5 years now. My life hasn't changed at all except that everyone is home all the time now so it's really screwed up my routine and I can't go get stuff I need when I want to. So I'm stuck at home even more now than I usually am because nobody wants to do anything or go anywhere when they are done with work.

It was frustrating before but now more so because now I have to deal with everyone else's stir-craziness too.

So everyone is telling me about their unplanned, unpaid time off and all this free time and I still work all day, every day just like I did before this all started.

So I haven't found any new free time.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Mother Nature is literally throwing free food at you. I’d heed her warning and stock up ;)
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • oldrocker
    Every spring it happens.

He hit so hard he knocked a few feathers off... :D
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,567
    No free time here. Working as usual.
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    I'm actually liking the work at home thing. I don't get enough time in the house, between work, dinner, then sleep.

And I've been in my PJ's all week! Not the same ones, just for the record! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    I have to work on my time management while at home. I have my arse stuck to my office chair all day! I'm used to interfacing in person, walking to other's work space, getting things done. I do miss the spontaneous discussions, but all last week and so far this week, in the office.

Eating lunch in the office. The Mrs at her desk in the other room. Ugh.

Now everything's a phone call or Skype meeting.
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    When my wife worked from home during Hurricane times, it was weird. I had to be quiet and live my day around her actions. Which is perfectly fine. It's just different.

My wife is still going in to work. The limited people are spread out and also spread out over many floor levels. She's cool with that so far. :)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    edited March 2020
    Working, same ole same ole. Illinois is shelter in place except essential businesses. I work in title insurance and since they are a financial entity we are allowed to stay open. I don't necessarily agree with my company owner, but we are a smallish to medium company and she wants to keep running.

There are no lack of realtor's, attorneys and buyers/sellers, loan officers coming to closings. It seems to be business as usual so far. Rates are great, so we are very busy for the time being.

My girlfriend is a buyer for a tool steel company in town, they deemed themselves as essential as well. So for her, business as usual too. They did get a couple "rush" orders related to the health industry directly for COVID-19 supplies. More to come probably.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    I'm 'essential' so the only change is kids' sports are cancelled, which makes for a lot of free time. Honey-do list, TV, expose my kids to proper movies, try to recreate the fun science stuff I did as a student for my kids.
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,950
    Its a beautiful day in SW Georgia so the landscaping projects continue. We are fortunate enough to be on about an acre so social distancing in built-in....plus, my buddy quickly alerts us as to any approaching visitors.