Our new addition

halo
halo Posts: 5,616
We have been looking to add to our little family for a while now. Given the current situation, we’ve been able to do a little research and, we have a new baby girl. I reached out to the Human Society of Missouri (picked out a pet and made an appointment), the Stray Rescue off St. Louis (filled out an application, chose a pet, and the application was sent to the foster - 72 hours went by with no contact), and the local ASPCA listings of adorable pets (never got a reply from the foster).

Well, I guess the fosters not calling me back shows a real issue with the lack of communication between the fosters and the shelters but it also left me with only one meeting. Not sure how they can place pets in new homes when the fosters don’t contact interested parties.

So, please allow me to introduce to you, adopted today, a little kitten named Mathilda by the Humane Society and renamed Zazie Butts by my wife and I. :p
jpofftaqgpw5.jpeg
xjhbgdqjhs6m.jpeg
7bgrl011lonb.jpeg
Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10

Comments

• ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    KITTEH!!!!
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    KITTEH!!!!

Took the words right out of my mouth! B)
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Welcome Zazie. Tell your owner you need a playmate or two. :)
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Welcome Zazie! Don’t you dare climb on daddy’s speakers! 😀
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • halo
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Welcome Zazie. Tell your owner you need a playmate or two. :)
    She has an older brother (5-years old) and an older sister (13-years old). The 5-year old will likely be her playmate once he settles down and gets used to her presence. The 13-year old has been surprisingly accepting of the kid. Their roles have reversed in the last 2 years.
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Great. I have four cats. One from the shelter, and three ferals I caught in my back yard.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • halo
    That’s awesome Bud! You must be a cat whisperer to get the ferals to be domesticated (I know I it’s possible and I know that there are fosters who work on this specifically. Good on you!).

So, now, 2 of our cats were adopted from humane/anti cruelty and one was from a litter from an ex’s cat.

Any pictures?
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,066
    edited March 2020
    Nice looking Kit!

I have four inside and several ferals that I feed in my garage. I rescued Grace and Kit Carson from my neighborhood as they were abandoned by someone who moved away.
    Harry

In order of age:
    Teddy Bigboy
    Elvis Littleboy
    Grace
    Kit Carson

aevylw7dwcqk.png
    buxpmi4icsg0.png
    eaie3vfgvhsb.jpg
    cmvjvapusiy3.png

"Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    edited March 2020
    cmvjvapusiy3.png

Hmm... that looks like the face of trouble. ;)

Like ol' Harpo (RIP)... who truly was an Evil Genius of the Wile E. Coyote kind.

11947100234_f00baedf99_c.jpgDSCN6268 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
  • halo
    Nice looking Kit!

I have four inside and several ferals that I feed in my garage. I rescued Grace and Kit Carson from my neighborhood as they were abandoned by someone who moved away.
    Harry

In order of age:
    Teddy Bigboy
    Elvis Littleboy
    Grace
    Kit Carson

Thanks for sharing Harry! Looks like a beautiful little family of felines you’ve got there!
  • BlueBirdMusic
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    cmvjvapusiy3.png

Hmm... that looks like the face of trouble. ;)

Like ol' Harpo (RIP)... who truly was an Evil Genius of the Wile E. Coyote kind.

11947100234_f00baedf99_c.jpgDSCN6268 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

Mark,
    You hit the nail on the head!! Trouble should be his name. He can open any kind of door, possessive, and is a "runner". He has several names including "PT Barnum". He is so gentle now, but when I first picked him up to put him in my mud room, he scratched my arm so much, I went to the doctor for antibiotics.

Harry
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • BlueBirdMusic
    Halo,
    I am glad you posted this thread. We need more of the normal situations of life at this time.

Harry / Marietta GA
  • TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 999
    Awesome!
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    Nice kittah! The two we presently have, have been with us a little over a year. It's great to have furry friends around.
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,908
    Congrats, cute Kitty.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.