Scary virus outbreak in China

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Viking64 wrote: »
    Butchering Mullahs and an ayatollah that are hellbent on destroying the United States and the Nation of Israel are not even remotely the same thing.

Good bye.

More name-calling.

Where did I call anyone a name?

The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Hopefully it will wipe out Israel.

Dude, you really need to get a grasp on when to walk away from the keyboard. Comments like that is time off material
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    tonyb wrote: »

Dude, you really need to get a grasp on when to walk away from the keyboard. Comments like that is time off material

So, the rules only apply to some people and not others. I see.
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,305
    That comment was way over the line. I’m not one for the PC nonsense, but there’s some stuff you just don’t say... that was a pretty heinous comment, and you have not even attempted to walk it back - no, you have in fact doubled and tripled down on it...

Please enlighten us to your intentions, because in my book, “wipeout” in the context you used it (transitive verb) only really means one thing...
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,892
    Can we please get back to the discussion of the “Scary virus outbreak in China”? This is a bit depressing... 😞

Thanks guys! 😉
    Alea jacta est!
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,908

Really?

Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • Viking64
    daddyjt wrote: »
    That comment was way over the line. I’m not one for the PC nonsense, but there’s some stuff you just don’t say... that was a pretty heinous comment, and you have not even attempted to walk it back - no, you have in fact doubled and tripled down on it...

Please enlighten us to your intentions, because in my book, “wipeout” in the context you used it (transitive verb) only really means one thing...

How about you move on instead of trying to keep things going? Or are you enjoying the drama?
  • Viking64
    Milito wrote: »

Really?

No, not really.
  • daddyjt

How about you move on instead of trying to keep things going? Or are you enjoying the drama?

Oh, so it’s everyone else ”keeping the drama going”, for calling you out on your heinous remarks?

As you quadruple down on your comment.

Unbelievable.
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• Viking64
    The phrase "double down" only applies to Blackjack. :p
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Don’t waste time on him JT. Not worth the effort.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • daddyjt

Yea, copy that.

This is one of those times when you can’t figure out is someone is really that hateful, or if they’re just stupid.

I guess we’ll never know...

― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• Viking64
    Certain people here really hate it when I expose the rampant hypocrisy in this place.
  • Viking64

Yea, copy that.

This is one of those times when you can’t figure out is someone is really that hateful, or if they’re just stupid.

I guess we’ll never know...

I don't hate ANYONE and I am far from stupid. But you can think what you want.

Now, here's this:

ct72evxs3jwp.jpg
  • Viking64
    they’re just stupid.

More name-calling. EEGADS!!!
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Please. Give it a rest before this thread is closed.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Kex
    edited March 2020
    The Fed has decided it couldn’t wait for the scheduled meeting on March 17-18, and has Cut Rates by 50 Basis Points.

Some are expecting another cut of 25-50 points.

The market has gone from being down 1% at the open this morning to climbing 1% half an hour after the open. Betting on that bounce lasting might not be the most prudent of wagers IMHO.

The last emergency rate cut was during the financial crisis in 2008.
    Alea jacta est!
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,950
    Fulton County GA has cases...in typical panic mode akin to someone mentioning "snow" down here there has been a run on hand sanitizer, paper towels, and Im sure face masks. While the virus 🦠 should be a concern for everyone, I am sure our fine local four major news outlets are whipping the general public into a frenzy for ratings.
  • Kex
    It’s somewhat surprising how many people want to boil this down to political motives.

If the Federal reserve thought it was worth an emergency rate cut, instead of waiting just two weeks for a 25 point “prudent measure” during the scheduled meeting, then there must be a number of experts (with more data at their disposal than any of us) who consider that there is a real risk to the economy.

Alea jacta est!
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,950
    I just read back 2 pages....time to shut this one down mods. Good grief.
  • BlueFox
    At 11:20 AM the stock market is bouncing positive and negative compared to yesterday. I suspect the infection rate will be the ultimate factor in regard to market influence. If infections have a substantial jump then I would expect the market to go down.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    I expect the FED to wade back into the Repo market full force again. Providing overnight liquity to the banks who will in turn buy the market.

Buying the dip is getting less and less attractive. Soon there will be no dip buyers.

And slashing interest rates in what is supposedly the greatest economy ever, virus or no virus is just wrong. What happens when we have a real crisis?
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,136
    I feel like the market forced Powell's hand on Fri. and Mon.. Yeah they are almost out of bullets again.
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • krazypolk
    krazypolk Posts: 745
    Dow is down nearly 600 this morning.
  • BlueFox
    It still is up over last Friday. Who knows for how long. To me it all hinges on how fast the virus spreads in the population.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • krazypolk
    krazypolk Posts: 745
    edited March 2020
    That emergency rate cut seems to be backfiring but what do I know. All I know is that the dow continues to fall. I wonder if there is some bad virus news in the near future.
  • motorhead43026
    edited March 2020

You know who benefits the most from rate cuts? Hint, not your or I.
    Post edited by motorhead43026 on
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

• mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,197
    Well maybe because the flu every season isn't considered pandemic and every joint in town ("Welcome to Walgreens/CVS/Walmart/Krogers") offers free flu shots.
    Sal Palooza
  • motorhead43026
    edited March 2020
    ^^ oh, so now it's a pandemic, I must have missed that information.

This discussion has been closed.