Dish Network sound bar

I purchased a Polk Audio sound bar from Dish Network. I loved it! I now longer have Dish and my sound bar no longer works. Model # DSB1 SOUND BAR, Serial #AM95200517A8523. Am I just out the $75 I spent? Or can I get this to hook up to my Cox TV box? a1opbzp1sw5o.jpg
zuussnk029oc.jpg
6unzpwfft8t2.jpg

Comments

• Hello,
    You should be able to connect the Polk to your new receiver with a digital optical cable.
  • Yes I was thank you! I finally figured out there was a port on my Cox receiver. I just had to push a little flap up with then of the cable.
  • Wow. Dish only charged you $75 for your soundbar? I have the same one as you and they charged me $199 four months ago. The thing keeps shutting off by itself. It will shut off six or seven times during an hour program. Should have gotten a different brand on ebay or another site.
  • tommy7 wrote: »
    Wow. Dish only charged you $75 for your soundbar? I have the same one as you and they charged me $199 four months ago. The thing keeps shutting off by itself. It will shut off six or seven times during an hour program. Should have gotten a different brand on ebay or another site.

Are you serious? Why don't you use your warranty and get it replaced? It came with a one year warranty by Polk. However, I'd bet your problems are user caused.
  • I have a DSB1 Soundbar & Sub, my I Phone and I Pan neither one will connect with this equipment via Bluetooth, what’s the deal?
  • What sub-woofer works best with the Polk DSB1 Soundbar?
    Does the Polk PSW10 sub-woofer pair with the DSB1 Soundbar?
  • llt57
    llt57 Posts: 1
    I purchased the same sound bar from Dish and I am no longer with Dish. SBar works fine but I am unable to sync a Polk subwoofer. All my references say to contact Dish.
  • CavScout62 wrote: »
    I have a DSB1 Soundbar & Sub, my I Phone and I Pan neither one will connect with this equipment via Bluetooth, what’s the deal?

Is bluetooth enabled on those devices, and do you have your source on the soundbar set to bluetooth? (Three pulsing lights)
    geslowey wrote: »
    What sub-woofer works best with the Polk DSB1 Soundbar?
    Does the Polk PSW10 sub-woofer pair with the DSB1 Soundbar?

The DSB2 subwoofer is the only device compatible with this system, same with the rear speakers (DSB3). They can only be purchased through Dish.
    llt57 wrote: »
    I purchased the same sound bar from Dish and I am no longer with Dish. SBar works fine but I am unable to sync a Polk subwoofer. All my references say to contact Dish.

If it's a subwoofer from Dish as part of the system, the easiest way to pair them is to plug in the subwoofer and then immediately press the sync button on the middle of the back of your soundbar. Give it a few minutes and the light should turn solid green on your subwoofer.
  • Casi
    Casi Posts: 1
    I have this soundbar and I purchased mine from Dish and I paid $300!!! I am a senior citizen and I got no instructions with it and it turns on and off when it wants to. I have a new TV and I don't know how to fix the problem. Any suggestions where to start? Are the button on the top or front?
  • SeleniumFalcon
    SeleniumFalcon Posts: 3,452
    Here is a link to the owners manual:

https://manuals.plus/polk/dbrx1-cinema-sound-bar-manual#axzz7vVgVs3it

The best connection method is to use an HDMI cable from the TV's output to the corresponding HDMI input on the soundbar.
  • I just bought the sound bar and sub woofer from Dish a week ago. They would have thrown in the two surround speakers for $100 but I didn't think that I needed them at the time. I called the technician back a few days ago and now they want $180. He said that since they were made exclusively for Dish that I couldn't use any other speakers.
  • deantriche wrote: »
    I just bought the sound bar and sub woofer from Dish a week ago. They would have thrown in the two surround speakers for $100 but I didn't think that I needed them at the time. I called the technician back a few days ago and now they want $180. He said that since they were made exclusively for Dish that I couldn't use any other speakers.

I've seen the surrounds for sale on ebay for pretty cheap.

I used to work for Dish and had to sell these. Still have a couple and was wondering if it's at all possible to pair two of the subs to one soundbar? Thinking no, but can't hurt to ask.