Guilty Pleasure?

Options
Me? Kenny G "Breathless". A well recorded album that lifts my spirits. Man, I feel better.

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,101
    Options
    Lots of p o r n...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Options
    Lots of p o r n...

Fair nuff!
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,049
    Options
    Well -- there's a copy of Madonna's Like a Virgin here on licorice pizza... and I didn't find it at the dump :)
  • deronb1
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Well -- there's a copy of Madonna's Like a Virgin here on licorice pizza... and I didn't find it at the dump :)

She was great in "A League of Their Own".
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,101
    Options
    I like listening to ONJ as my guilty pleasure, her more recent stuff is sublime.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,127
    Options
    Madonna.....virgin.....licorice.....pizza

Please keep your fantasies to yourself
  • deronb1
    Options
    I like listening to ONJ as my guilty pleasure, her more recent stuff is sublime.

Olivia Newton John? Really haven't listened to much. Intriguing tho
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,582
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

Are you sure you didn't take a dump?
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,326
    Options
    Adele. Her recent album is actually quite well recorded, but her first album is still her best work, IMHO...
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    Madonna’s The Immaculate Collection. Fantastic album and I don’t care what you say.

Also, lace and velvet lingerie. Sometimes I just like to feel pretty.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,338
    Options
    daddyjt wrote: »
    Adele. Her recent album is actually quite well recorded, but her first album is still her best work, IMHO...

That's good to hear. I haven't bought 25 yet but am looking forward to her new album due to be released this September.

Madonna's Immaculate Collection isn't bad listening either. Have not spun it in a while but the last time I listened to it? It left a couple of good impressions and I seem to remember that the recording wasn't too terribly bad at all.

ONJ should not be a guilty pleasure IMO. She should just be a pleasure. Some of her songs are killer.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    Options
    She was excellent back in the day. The last album of hers I enjoyed was Ray of Light. Shortly after she acquired a british accent and started thinking she was queen of pop.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 1,004
    Options
    My wife came home from work Friday,and caught me! Listening to the BeeGees,that is.
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • civilian
    civilian Posts: 357
    Options
    Coal Chamber.
    Me and a buddy would catch most of their shows after discovering them at the first Ozzfest.
    Shows were super cheap and the toured with Sevendust before they hit big.
    The shows were really raw and energetic.
    Nightfall Posts: 10,071
    Options
    civilian wrote: »
    Coal Chamber.
    Me and a buddy would catch most of their shows after discovering them at the first Ozzfest.
    Shows were super cheap and the toured with Sevendust before they hit big.
    The shows were really raw and energetic.

That bands lyrics are on another level. Socrates? Pffff.

Big truck. Big truck. Big truck.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,518
    Options
    I make sure there’s no one else home when I play Ali Farka Toure with Ry Cooder, Talking Timbuktu.