Options
2»

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,599
    edited February 2020
    Options
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    Ok now that it’s sold I’ll respond. I know that’s the exact rule—I was one of the members who pushed hard for that change—that’s why I said general. Basically I knew drew wasn’t gonna say anything so I was trying to gently let the newb know that this was not available to him...

The prices I offer are definitely "Polkie prices" on a piece that's ideally meant to be kept in the family.

However in this case, the seller stepped up with the money and seems to have good and honest intentions. Hopefully this integrated serves to get him hooked on the hobby and they'll become a regular poster here.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,973
    Options
    Hermitism wrote: »
    msg wrote: »
    Is this still available?
    Wall post incoming!
    How many posts do I need before I can make fun of msg??? 100?

Oh h to the no. 1 post is all that is necessary! That is THE rule!!!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,433
    edited February 2020
    Options
    That's it, I swear, if you guys rip on me like thirteen or fourteen more times, I'm outta here!
    https://youtu.be/EyCiE0CszGo
    I disabled signatures.
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Ok now that it’s sold I’ll respond. I know that’s the exact rule—I was one of the members who pushed hard for that change—that’s why I said general. Basically I knew drew wasn’t gonna say anything so I was trying to gently let the newb know that this was not available to him...

The prices I offer are definitely "Polkie prices" on a piece that's ideally meant to be kept in the family.

However in this case, the seller stepped up with the money and seems to have good and honest intentions. Hopefully this integrated serves to get him hooked on the hobby and they'll become a regular poster here.

Exactly! We offer stuff up for sale here at good prices, usually with the hope of keeping it "in the family." Sometimes we reserve things for those who have been frequent contributors, but if I had a piece of gear that I thought was sitting for too long while Polkies mulled it over and weren't moving on it, I'd have to listen to other offers, too. And, of course, it's always up to all sellers to vet their buyers, whether they be newcomers or not. Glad this one went well!

Congrats @suhl ! Hoping to hear your thoughts on the new gear. You snagged a deal from a seller with a very solid reputation here. Enjoy! :)
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    edited February 2020
    Options
    mdaudioguy wrote: »
    suhl wrote: »
    Hello. I may be interested. How can I contact you?

The general rule is that you must have 100 posts to purchase. This is to protect the seller from aggravation and as a result many sellers like the OP offer really good deals but only to active forum members.

Stick around, this is a great audio forum!

Slight clarification on the rules... You need 100 posts to sell. It's up to the seller to decide who may buy. Sometimes that's specified up front, but in the end, it's the seller's prerogative.
    mdaudioguy wrote: »
    suhl wrote: »
    Hello. I may be interested. How can I contact you?

The general rule is that you must have 100 posts to purchase. This is to protect the seller from aggravation and as a result many sellers like the OP offer really good deals but only to active forum members.

Stick around, this is a great audio forum!

Slight clarification on the rules... You need 100 posts to sell. It's up to the seller to decide who may buy. Sometimes that's specified up front, but in the end, it's the seller's prerogative.

Idk, and you did say generally, but... obviously, that was Drew's call, and he decided to go the other way. :blush:
  • Clipdat
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Yep, you summed it up nicely. In this case there were only two regulars who PMed me with any interest, and neither were ready to pull the trigger so I went with the newbie.

Just shipped this out today double boxed with a double walled outer box. Bomb proof packaging to ensure it reaches the new owner in the same mint condition it left in. USPS 2nd day air, insured for the full retail value, signature required - cost me $144 to ship it.

When you buy from me you get the white glove VIP treatment.
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Yep, you summed it up nicely. In this case there were only two regulars who PMed me with any interest, and neither were ready to pull the trigger so I went with the newbie.

Just shipped this out today double boxed with a double walled outer box. Bomb proof packaging to ensure it reaches the new owner in the same mint condition it left in. USPS 2nd day air, insured for the full retail value, signature required - cost me $144 to ship it.

When you buy from me you get the white glove VIP treatment.

You are the man Drew!
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • suhl
    suhl Posts: 6
    Options
    Thx to @Clipdat - the unit arrived in perfect condition as described. Truly amazing packing job, and I couldn't be more appreciative of that and the follow up. First class transaction all the way around. Haven't had much time with the C388, but in the short amount of time I can tell this is a significant improvement over the Denon in this case - even at low volumes. Can't wait to set it up more fully, and see how it performs. Thx again for all the help with this forum as well. I'll give you a review in a month or so once I've had time.
  • suhl
    suhl Posts: 6
    Options
    A little overdue on updating the performance of this combination - NAD C388 with Vienna Acoustics Waltz Grand (and a 12" sub). I can confirm both, this is a good match and everything @Clipdat mentions above is 100% accurate. He is top notch, as I am sure many of you know.

The room is large - approximately 20 x 30 with 20' ceilings, which I think was a big part of my prior issue. I had a lower powered, but nice Denon pushing these speakers before. The NAD C388 has been a huge improvement. The speakers easily fill this large room with outstanding sound all the way around. Easy to listen to, never harsh and stage is much improved over the prior. Highs and mids are smooth, and I especially notice that acoustic guitar sounds superb. Bass also a nice impact and noticeable upgrade from before. It seems this receiver never runs out of juice - can be turned up as loud as you want with virtually zero distortion. It actually sounds better and better the louder you go. Vocals also well done in my opinion.

I typically listen by utilizing the Bluos 2i streaming Tidal. I have had zero issues with this setup, and find it very easy to control the NAD and Bluos app from an iPad. This was an important feature for me as the receiver is placed in a media closet not easily accessible to the listening space. I have been very happy with the robustness of this receiver, it can always be trusted to operate glitch free and provide exceptional listening.

Thx again to @Clipdat, this setup has been very enjoyable and will be for a long time.
  • Clipdat
    Options
    Awesome, thank you so much for the update and mini-review. Great to hear that it's working out so well with your system.

I especially agree with how it sounds better the louder it goes, it's character is quite interesting in that regard!

Thanks again for the update and rock on!