aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    rkiq08nfcn6b.jpg

No mail today, Presidents' Day.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    edited February 2020
    Viking64 wrote: »
    msg wrote: »
    I have a friend who uses "anymore" similarly as above. He's the human equivalent of a big slobbery yellow lab, so I don't have the heart to say anything about it, and just pat him on the head and let him hang his head out the window.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I have found the closer one gets to Cuba, the more prevalent this is. :o

Now, the whole "The floor needs mopped" silliness, as opposed to "The floor needs to be mopped" or "The floor needs mopping", I find tends to be concentrated around West Virginia and southwestern Pennsylvania.....anymore. :p

It's "Th' flo' nids a-moppin'"... I just listened to Loretta Lynn sing all about it, so I know I have it written correctly.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    I have a friend who uses "anymore" similarly as above. He's the human equivalent of a big slobbery yellow lab, so I don't have the heart to say anything about it, and just pat him on the head and let him hang his head out the window.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I have found the closer one gets to Cuba, the more prevalent this is. :o

Now, the whole "The floor needs mopped" silliness, as opposed to "The floor needs to be mopped" or "The floor needs mopping", I find tends to be concentrated around West Virginia and southwestern Pennsylvania.....anymore. :p

It's "Th' flo' nids a-moppin'"... I just listened to Loretta Lynn sing all about it, so I know I have it written correctly.

Is that "Here In Topeka"/"One's on the Way"? When I bought my LL CD 20 years ago, I remember laughing at the line "Jimmy get away from there". :p
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    edited February 2020
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    oy -- all these new posts!

:)

@Viking64 managed to punch one of my (numerous) Andy Rooney buttons... one I am seeing more and more in the internet era. Look at old hifi components on eBAY, e.g.
    One sees.
    This receiver needs recapped.
    This speaker needs refoamed.
    This autoreverse cassette deck needs repaired.

I want to reach through the internet, throttle the author and scream
    TO BE!!! NEEDS TO BE!!!! -- whatevered

man-oh-Manischewitz...

:#
  • Viking64
    edited February 2020
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

Viking64 managed to punch one of my (numerous) Andy Rooney buttons... one I am seeing more and more in the internet era. Look at old hifi components on eBAY, e.g.
    One sees.

man-oh-Manischewitz...

Yeah, that's the thing about the internet. People read stuff online and repeat it ad nauseam.

Pull the trigger; I'm your huckleberry; rinse, wash repeat; get your (my) _____ on; I seen; tryhard; in as much, now days; the list is almost endless.
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,065

@Viking64 managed to punch one of my (numerous) Andy Rooney buttons... one I am seeing more and more in the internet era. Look at old hifi components on eBAY, e.g.
    One sees.

man-oh-Manischewitz...

So that's the second post from you I have just read, Mr. H, that does not seem to exhibit your usual poise and control. You needs chillin', my man.
  • mhardy6647
    Actually, I just listened to a side of Beatles and I am feeling much better thank you very much.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,308

Viking64 managed to punch one of my (numerous) Andy Rooney buttons... one I am seeing more and more in the internet era. Look at old hifi components on eBAY, e.g.
    One sees.

man-oh-Manischewitz...

Yeah, that's the thing about the internet. People read stuff online and repeat it ad nauseam.

Pull the trigger; I'm your huckleberry; rinse, wash repeat; get your (my) _____ on; I seen; tryhard; in as much, now days; the list is almost endless.

As always, YMMV. AFAIK.
    I disabled signatures.
  • mhardy6647
    edited February 2020

One sees.

man-oh-Manischewitz...

As always, YMMV. AFAIK.
    At the end of the day...
    It is what it is.
  • Viking64

One sees.

man-oh-Manischewitz...

As always, YMMV. AFAIK.
    At the end of the day...
    It is what it is.

Or "back in the day". What a nonsensical, mindless, heap of bovine urine!

It's even worse when someone who WASN'T EVEN ALIVE back in the day uses it. :s
  • Viking64

One sees.

man-oh-Manischewitz...

As always, YMMV. AFAIK.

GTFOS!! :p
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,308
    jdjohn wrote: »
    My thoughts exactly.
    I disabled signatures.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    IDKWTFATM?
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Viking64
    I knew if I just read a few more posts...."none the less".

It's either all one word (nonetheless) or it's MEANINGLESS.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    I always thought my English teacher looked like a pug... now I none the less no whi.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Thanks for bringing that to our attention. I've gone ahead and forwarded this over to the Vanilla team.
  • mhardy6647
    In all seriousness:
    Thank you @AlmaGarcia
  • @mhardy6647 Just heard back from Vanilla, they're aware of the issue and plan on fixing it in the next release.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    AlmaGarcia wrote: »
    @mhardy6647 Just heard back from Vanilla, they're aware of the issue and plan on fixing it in the next release.

OH great how many of us will be 'locked out" then? This whole platform has just been a screaming monkey chase from the inception...

Thanks Alma

Ivan
  • mhardy6647
    edited February 2020
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    ... This whole platform has just been a screaming monkey chase from the inception...

Ivan
    [emphasis added]

How similar, or different, is that from* a goat rodeo?

;)
    AlmaGarcia wrote: »
    @mhardy6647 Just heard back from Vanilla, they're aware of the issue and plan on fixing it in the next release.

As a retired software engineer, every place I ever worked does testing before releasing either a new product, or an update. Of course, some things slip through, but nothing as obvious as this bug.

Why doesn’t Vanilla test the software before it is released?
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    edited February 2020
    Maybe we're the test dummies Bud...
    Post edited by pitdogg2 on
  • mhardy6647
    Maybe Vanilla subcontracted the work to Shadow?

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Maybe we're the test dummies Bud...

Good point since we do it for free.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    edited March 2020
    I guess the latest vanilla change is that now everyone's signatures are the same size text as their posts?
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    edited March 2020
    Looks like a few other people are talking about it, here is one response from Vanilla: "We removed 'size' as a feature due to accessibility issues. Allowing members to dictate the size at which others read text is a bad experience for low-vision users, as well as users with reading challenges."

Wow.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Clipdat wrote: »
    I guess the latest vanilla change is that now everyone's signatures are the same size text as their posts?

For whatever reason, I agree with this. Of course some people have encyclopedia sized signatures, which will take up most of the screen. :)

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • mhardy6647
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Looks like a few other people are talking about it, here is one response from Vanilla: "We removed 'size' as a feature due to accessibility issues. Allowing members to dictate the size at which others read text is a bad experience for low-vision users, as well as users with reading challenges."

Wow.

but the browsers have zoom functions built in (at least Chrome does) -- for 'accessibility' -- which I use... umm... more than occasionally.

I am fundamentally not a fan of signatures so this particular wrinkle (to quote, if memory serves, John Lee Hooker) don't confront me. ;)

Plus, they can be turned off (i.e., rendered invisible) under 'edit profile', if one prefers.

o6aomw3y3r8i.png

• mhardy6647
    edited March 2020
    Oh, speaking of accessibility... that "You can use BBCode in your post" information on the "Leave a comment" post editing screen is awfully tiny, isn't it? :|

ajzovje0iqgx.png