Uploading photos

I've tried every way I can think of to upload photos to posts on this forum. It doesn't seem to matter which browser, platform, image type, or image size I try I always receive the message "the file failed to upload." I've even tried to use several photo sharing sites to host the images, and that fails too. Is something wrong with my account?
PS Audio Stellar Gain Cell DAC/Preamp
Denon DVD 2910
Quad 12L Active Monitors
Marin Logan Dynamo 700W

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    Worked for me 😁
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    No need to link to a cloud service. Wherever desired in your post, just click on the little 'Landscape image' icon (mountains and sun) to 'attach image', then navigate to said JPG file, insert, and post.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited January 2020
    Your pictures might have too many megapixels.

Try taking your picks in PC mode or something like that. Others with Computer skills will weigh in with knowledge of file sizes.

Good luck.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • aiconn
    aiconn Posts: 277
    jdjohn wrote: »
    No need to link to a cloud service. Wherever desired in your post, just click on the little 'Landscape image' icon (mountains and sun) to 'attach image', then navigate to said JPG file, insert, and post.

That's the first method I tried. I just tried again on my work computer and got the same result. I'm convinced it's something with my account.
    Denon DVD 2910
    Quad 12L Active Monitors
    Marin Logan Dynamo 700W
  • aiconn
    Tony M wrote: »
    Your pictures might have too many megapixels.

Try taking your picks in PC mode or something like that. Others with Computer skills will weigh in with knowledge of file sizes.

Good luck.

I've tried with photos from my phone, photos copied from the internet, and screen captures on my PC. The latter was 59KB, and the resolution was 563x259. Still a no go.
    Denon DVD 2910
    Quad 12L Active Monitors
    Marin Logan Dynamo 700W
  • pitdogg2
    Picture I posted above came straight from phone, mobile is 95% of my use here. @jdjohn is correct in that you click on that icon and go from there. I've never had any problems with several phones and 8-10 different browser from the google play store. I've used Armorfly, Mozilla and edge mostly.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,310
    Yeah, which browser are you using, and is it the same across all computers you're using?

If scripts are blocked somehow, that might cause this behavior.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Tony M
    I don't have a smart phone, only a smart PC. :D

If I want to post a picture, I open 2 window ports.
    1...polk audio, and the thread I want to post in. I type what I want and then leave the blinking little box...BELOW the words.

I then click on the second window port. I can go anywhere on there. The web, my saved photos on my PC and when I find a picture I want to post, I RIGHT CLICK inside the picture. 98% of the time an info box pops up and asks 10 or so things. One of them is "Save picture". I LEFT CLICK those words.

I then click back on the Polk Forum window. It pops up now with that little black box still blinking.
    I LEFT CLICK the box and that connects me to that spot again. I then RIGHT CLICK and hit paste.
    NOW...….the Polk Forum has to download the info and you'll see a short scrolling bar rolling across the top of the Polk thread box you're in. It takes a second, maybe 5, and then...POP, the info of the link to the picture or video will appear.

Pics say "img" at both ends of the picture info, under your typed words.
    videos say something else. I don't remember right now. :(

I think I have that right. :#:)

try, try again.
    Good luck again.
    piojlm94tyok.png
  • jdjohn wrote: »

mvk45odri22b.jpg

This worked for me.
  • aiconn
    I've tried all the things mentioned with multiple browsers on multiple computers and phones. I now convinced that something is wrong with my profile. I guess I'll create a new account to see if that resolves my problem.
    Denon DVD 2910
    Quad 12L Active Monitors
    Marin Logan Dynamo 700W
  • jmwest1
    jmwest1 Posts: 11
    It works with a new profile!

fvcvt1jiz97l.jpg
    Denon DVD 2910
    Quad 12L Active Monitors
    Marin Logan Dynamo 700W
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,929
    aiconn wrote: »
    I've tried all the things mentioned with multiple browsers on multiple computers and phones. I now convinced that something is wrong with my profile. I guess I'll create a new account to see if that resolves my problem.
    jmwest1 wrote: »
    It works with a new profile!

fvcvt1jiz97l.jpg

Wait, did you come back with a new identity?
    More to the point, I guess... are you all set now?

If so, huzzah! :)

saavuq0xk9s5.jpg
    (just a random post using the 'attach image' button in the message editor window :p )

rhb3fgjy0occ.png
  • aiconn
    Yep. It works with a new profile. I guess I'll have to start using the new one. :s
    Denon DVD 2910
    Quad 12L Active Monitors
    Marin Logan Dynamo 700W
  • Tony M
    w3yrqlstjjha.png
  • What's hiding under that cover @Tony M ?
  • pitdogg2
    AMX Javelin... :D
  • Tony M
    My beloved 95' F150 w/36K miles on it so far.

wp9dddw9onk8.png
  • No offense Tony M but I was hoping for the AMX Javelin.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,929
    I was gonna posit that it was a gussied-up Yugo.

;)

• Tony M
    One of the 2 guys who visited the other day thought I had a race-car under the tarp.

And he's seen my truck parked there for a year since he's been coming around with Mr. Paul. But it wasn't covered until the leaves started falling.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    aiconn wrote: »

A lot of companies use an IT security service that prevents posting on the web. That was your first mistake 😂
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus