Polk SRT vs Polk L800

I was wondering if anyone knows how the SDA compares from the SRT speakers to the new L800’s? I owned the SRT towers front and rear about 15 years ago and now just got the L800’s. I’m sure the L800’s are using better drivers and cabinets but wonder if the SDA soundstage is as good as the SRT’s. The SRT’s had this uncanny ability to create a soundstage that seemed to extend beyond the side walls. I know the new SDA is way simpler of a hookup with just one wire and no set top box but just wonder if they consider this version superior or just more convenient in terms of hook up.

Comments

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Since you have the L800 then how does it compare to the SRT towers? These are so new you are one of the first to own them.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Mankite
    Mankite Posts: 14
    To me it seems the SRT had a wider SDA soundstage but I was more curious about the technical side. Is this SDA pro in the L800’s supposed to be superior overall or just a compromise to make it easier to install.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    Knock this BACCH crap off
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    dromunds wrote: »
    Knock this BACCH crap off

That's right, BEEYACCH!!!