Man! Neil Peart of Rush has passed from Brain Cancer :(

What a shame :(
Computer room Hegeman 1 SpeakersM&K VX-80 subKenwood DP-7010Cambridge Audio CXC Transport Rega DACPrimaLuna Prologue Four AmpAric Audio Tube PreampGarage Jennings Research SquareCustom tube preampCrown XLS-1000Denon DCD-1500II Modded MSB Link DAC

Comments

• WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    edited January 2020
    Sad day in the music/drumming world.

I was introduced to Rush / Peart back in H.S. in the 80's. I was in a youth orchestra and there were brothers that played bass and drums that were major Rush fans. They had a three piece rock band. Their parents where well off so these guys had some pretty awesome gear and tried to emulate Rush. They even had a room they turned into a home studio. It was cool having a chance to listen to music, jam, and exchange ideas with them given there was SO much popular rock music that I'd never heard. I later purchased the Moving Pictures album and would jam to it. That's the power of music. Years later in college the drumline I was in played YYZ at a marching percussion competition. Some of those guys were major Rush fans so I know they are sad today. Just glad to have been exposed to the music and Neil Peart's drumming.

RIP

2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • PeteB77
    PeteB77 Posts: 15
    RIP
    Monitor Series RTA 8T Restored, Technics 1210, Xindak Pre/power amps