Wharfedale Linton

Comments

• smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,458
    Those look much better in your pics than any website I've seen. Looks like pretty stout packing as well. Looking forward to your impressions, enjoy!
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Those look VERY nice, especially for the cost. Are those some sort Isolation Pucks on top of the Stands? I love it when gear comes with White Gloves, Classy.
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    I agree with smg, the wood tone looks stunning!

They have to be the best value in speakers right now.

Get them going!!
  • Irrenhaus
    Irrenhaus Posts: 1,082
    Those look VERY nice, especially for the cost. Are those some sort Isolation Pucks on top of the Stands? I love it when gear comes with White Gloves, Classy.

Yes they are. They came with rubber ones for the speaker and the disk do have a very thick foam at the bottom.
    cycc5n2dlrm9.jpg
    HTAVR-Pioneer SC99XPA-DR3 Differential Reference AmpPolk R-700Rear- RT150Side- RT150Center-CSi5Sub-Rythmik audio F25Player- Panasonic DP-UB9000Projector- Optoma CinemaX P2Screen- Silver Ticket Products STR Series 6 120"Audio Room 2ch rig.Cary AE-3, Onkyo M-504, Marantz SA8005, Azur 851NWharfedale - Linton, SVS SB12-NSDMinis Forum PC (streamer) and Panamax MX5105Headphone rig;Schiit JOTUNHEIM and different headphones.Samsung 42" flat screen TV.
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    edited December 2019
    Look awesome! Excited to read your feelings about them after you had time to get all situated.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    I have to admit it...I have a funny feeling in my middle parts.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    edited December 2019
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    I have to admit it...I have a funny feeling in my middle parts.

rescinded...
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    How is the clarity?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • joecoulson
    Wow bro. Looks great. And if they sound good now, wait til the drivers break in. Congrats.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Yea the whole setup looks awesome but those speakers look terrible so I think you should send them to me😉🤣🤣🤣
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited December 2019
    I really <3 these!

What a bargain! ;)

Who cares how they sound :p, I just want to look at them for a while and admire their beauty and the stands' beauty too!
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Looking forward to hearing your thoughts of how they sound. They have beautiful veneer!
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,010
    I gotta build a new system around these beauties.
  • Very beautiful rig! Congratulations on those wonderful Wharfedales!
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • Gerres26
    Gerres26 Posts: 859
    They are very pretty that’s for sure... waiting on some first impressions :p
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Am I the only one who thinks they look bigger than one expected?

The size of them set up in the room are bigger than what the manual or stock photos looked to appear to be.

Art for the Ear and art for the eye.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • joecoulson
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks they look bigger than one expected?

Tom

That is what she said
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    edited December 2019
    I swear I read an article or saw posts on some facebook page about a guy who visited China and went to the Wharfedale factory there to learn how the Lintons were made. He posted several photos and got to assemble his own pair. Anyone remember where this was posted or have a link?

Edit: Here it is: https://www.facebook.com/wharfedalehifi/photos/a.696159860459872/2555004901242016/?type=3&theater

Just click the left arrow to go through his factory visit in chronological order.
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    I may be mistaken but it looks like they use solid walnut for the top, bottom and sides while using veneered MDF for the front baffle and the rear of the speaker...
    (even though the inside shot attached below looks more like cherry than walnut to me...)

69410052_2555007277908445_315752814347288576_o.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ohc=8y64E0XAljcAQkBq4XcaqaaId7j2d1iBqTSqazndInqEymMpEJ8yF1EUg&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=a55b6e904239b53f209dd50efe957ced&oe=5EACA1F6
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    Good eye, Ryan! I didn't notice that.
  • Irrenhaus
    edited December 2019
    So far this sound great. Like I said before they don't need a sub. As some one mentioned they are big. I have a set of Usher V601 and I thought those were big bookies.
    They have a very warm sound and so far easy to set up and can play loud. Interesting is the grills have a very thick cloth and is kind of squishy.

I am thinking of ordering a few acoustic panels. No experience with those. Where do they go? Maybe side walls? The back?

Cheers
    HTAVR-Pioneer SC99XPA-DR3 Differential Reference AmpPolk R-700Rear- RT150Side- RT150Center-CSi5Sub-Rythmik audio F25Player- Panasonic DP-UB9000Projector- Optoma CinemaX P2Screen- Silver Ticket Products STR Series 6 120"Audio Room 2ch rig.Cary AE-3, Onkyo M-504, Marantz SA8005, Azur 851NWharfedale - Linton, SVS SB12-NSDMinis Forum PC (streamer) and Panamax MX5105Headphone rig;Schiit JOTUNHEIM and different headphones.Samsung 42" flat screen TV.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    First point of reflection would usually be where to start but it depends on what your biggest complaint is as to which way you would want to go next.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,010
    How are you liking these beauties?
  • Irrenhaus

So far very happy with them.
  • Irrenhaus
    So I did a bit of room update. I used the panels the daughter got me. Not sure still how much different they make. Still enjoying them.
    pjm9q08f99mc.jpg

Cable management still a learning curve.

Cheers
  • joecoulson
    Coming together man, looking good. What about your pros and cons list on them?
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Irrenhaus wrote: »

So far very happy with them.

Been a while, have the Lintons settled in yet? I'm seriously considering a pair of these, your thoughts would be much appreciated.