BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Good night for Metal

5ch89axx7yir.jpeg
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • BlueFox
    dr2vbsecf47y.jpeg

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • BlueFox
    fqka9479o84e.jpeg

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • BlueFox
    2g4ph44ejp5i.jpeg

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Some times I just like some picken'

https://youtu.be/p7f4viyQahk

I always thought he was such an under rated musician. His guitar skills always blew me away.

He was a fun actor to watch and listen to.

Miss that guy

• BlueFox
    byo05yxk58sg.jpeg

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • BlueFox
    e69kyllgep9m.jpeg

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,136
    h2od4d48bc5i.png

Tidal Master. Definitely a nice piece of classical music with plenty of low end excitement and dynamics. Highly recommend. Not boring.
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    Haven’t posted in this thread for awhile. Hello everyone. :)

hwvdpz2iuadb.jpeg
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Ivan, is that Allison Krauss album a "recommended" one off your list? I don't have that one. Please advise and thanks,

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    qag227rz0e3q.jpeg
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    hochpt21 wrote: »
    Haven’t posted in this thread for awhile. Hello everyone. :)

hwvdpz2iuadb.jpeg

simply -- the best rock 'n' roll album of all time, full stop.
    IMO, of course.

Howdy!
  • pitdogg2
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Ivan, is that Allison Krauss album a "recommended" one off your list? I don't have that one. Please advise and thanks,

Tom

You should get it. They're now getting pricey in the SACD format. I think all hers are very well recorded. I lucked into that one and the Forget About It SACD from the same seller on ebay back in November.

• treitz3
    Eh, not too bad right now. Most of them are averaging around 75 bucks. Still expensive but not at the "ridiculous" point yet. I don't want to get it as an investment, I'm more interested in the music.

I bought one album from her that I listened to once...and fast forwarded through most of it. Too damned twangy country and girly for me. I have not put it into rotation since and it is in the "waste CD" section I have designated in the closet. Very rarely does a CD get that designation.

I can wait for a mint condition SACD of this album and I'm okay with paying a little bit more for it but I was just wondering if the music was enjoyable. I love her and Union Station's live in Louisville album along with her "A Hundred Miles or More" album.

What say you?

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • pitdogg2
    Many songs from those two albums are on the live album. Yep cannot disagree it is a bit twangy. I am first and foremost a hard rocker I tend to rather have an ice pick shoved in my ear than listen to country. My Mom and Dad really loved the super twangy old style country music so I'm deep in knowledge with it. All because of that dang oh brother movie and that song was the reason I ever gave Allison Krauss a try. The musicianship is off the chart for me and it's bluegrass that I can listen to. There is very few country artist I can listen to. Jerry Reeds guitar work and a few songs I can kick back to. There are a few others that I'm drawing a blank on ATM you get the jest of it thou I'm sure.

I've come to like the Alice in Chains greatest hits SACD. I know I said at one time it had far too much bass and was recorded poorly. But most of my listening on that at that time was on my home theater and I could never get it (AIC)dialed in but I have to say now that I'm just listening to it on 2 channel I no longer have a home theater, I've come back to realize it's a little better than what I had told you in the beginning so if you find it at a decent price jump on it as well.
  • treitz3
    Duly noted. Thanks man.

Tom
  • treitz3
    Sweet tittie!!!

I have a mint SACD coming and it should be here by the 10th. Looking forward to getting it.....which is somewhat weird. I used to not be able to really stand Alison's voice but on a proper system? Her voice is awesome and I have come to really like her and her voice. TBT, she did have to grow on me a little bit. It wasn't an immediate love affair, if you will.

IIRC, the first time I heard a song by her was "Jacob's Dream". What a gut wrenching song that pulls at your emotions whether you want it or not.

Tom
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    She (Alison Krauss) has a fine voice but it can bring out the worst in some loudspeakers (IME). The Cornwalls made her high register really, unbearably piecing. The EMILAR treble horns
    handle her much, much better.

Ghost in this House (another gut-wrenching little ditty) is one of my go-to torture tests for midrange performance, as a matter of fact.

Cornwall = epic fail.

:|
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    Frijid Pink released 50 years ago today. Known for their reworking of House of The Rising Sun. Motor City like MC5; The Stooges
  • BlueFox
    Wow. Is Frijid Pink really that old? I just came across them a couple of years ago, and love their version of House Of The Rising Sun.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    Yes. They had some good original songs too. That album made quite a splash
  • Listening to this one of those on the list:

AR-straits225.jpg

What Is The Most Cliché Audiophile Album of All Time?
    https://audiophilereview.com/audiophile-news/what-is-the-most-cliche-audiophile-album-of-all-time.html

Don't have:
    Various Artists: Jazz at the Pawnshop
    Lyle Lovett: Joshua Judges Ruth
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,474
    Discovered this album at the library when I was in high school. Recorded it on my Technics turntable/cassette deck. This album also ushered in my first romance. Ahhhh, memories. Sought out more of his work and have been a lifelong fan ever since. Even flew to London to see him in the Royal Albert Hall when I lived in Germany. Amazing venue and the chap sitting next to me had attended private parties with the "boys from Cream" when he was a kid.
    mqdfifdh1o9j.png
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • JayCee
    On an 80's JB roll. Not his "best" era but I love it none-the-less. Took my dad to the Lawyers in Love concert when I was 17 and told Jackson about introducing my dad to his music when I met him in 2010. Usually, it's the father that passes the music on to the son....Jackson thought it was pretty cool that it was the other way around.
    n8dhpq2yusoz.png
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    Zappa: Uncle Meat.
  • JayCee
    51bcx5tngb79.png