Dual Rythmik F-25 Direct Servo subs - On the way!

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    BTW, the Tyler subs are up for grabs. If you are interested, PM me and we will work something out. I live just South of Charlotte NC.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    I've heard them. He speaks much truth.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,964
    For a brief moment, I imagined you bought 2 more and the more I thought about it... the more I think you should buy two more!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • treitz3
    Although there is absolutely no need to buy four. It would be kinda "cool" to stack one right atop the other for a 4 woofer array for each side. Genesis does this on their TOTL rigs...

czodne634b7c.png

Although, I would not need another pair, I would need 2 pair more. For a room that is only 13x15, I do think that would be a wee bit of overkill.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • VR3
    What is overkill?
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • treitz3
    In this case, utilizing a capacity in which greatly exceeds what is required to get the job done correctly.

I know there is no overkill for you when it comes to bass. Ever. Period. If I bought two more pairs, you would goat me into getting 3 more to flank the other corners....I know your tricks there big guy.

Tom
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    I hope to one day have a proper listening room in order to utilize a Rythmik sub. Been reading good things about their subwoofers for years and would love to finally experience one.
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,490
    Same here, Drew. I’d really like to try a servo sub (or two) in my stereo. I’m unsure as to whether matching a sub with planar speakers will be possible. I’m willing to try, though.
  • treitz3
    Absolutely maxward. The ugly sub I talked about earlier that turned me onto servo subs to begin with was easily paired with a pair of Apogee's.

Just to clear the air of possible perceived confusion.....Drew, any room that is fit for any other type of sub? A servo sub will work in. There is no "servo room standard". The F-25's performed just as good in a huge room with two levels as it does in my 13 x 15 listening room. I thought they would sound worse in a smaller room but I was incorrect in that assumption.

Oh, BTW Trey. I remember you had mentioned that there would be a break in period with these because they would be stiff from the factory. FWIW, I did not detect any discernible changes from right out of the box until now.

Tom
  • VR3
    I'll allow you to stop when you reach the ceiling, with them Stacked on their sides... 😁
  • treitz3
    See what I mean? I'm onto your tactics...

Tom
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    Holiday sale is in full swing fellas…

http://www.rythmikaudio.com/clearance.html
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    Oh yeah I mainly just meant a listening room in an actual house versus a shared apartment space.
  • treitz3
    Mike, I have always loved the look of your setup! Clean lines, great colors, excellent cable management, tubes, acoustical treatments and it's all laid out so well. (plus, it's clean as a whistle!)

Very nice, sir!

Tom
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Mike, I have always loved the look of your setup! Clean lines, great colors, excellent cable management, tubes, acoustical treatments and it's all laid out so well. (plus, it's clean as a whistle!)

Very nice, sir!

Tom

Thank you Tom, I spend a lotta time in there. Btw, I was steered toward Rythmik by your posts/pics of your setup. I'd love to have a seat in the Sweet Spot one day :)

• treitz3
    Ah, I did not know that. Cool! Any established member of the forum is welcome anytime to come and enjoy the sweet spot with their own musical selections. Just hit me up and let me know when you will be in town. I reside just South of Charlotte in SC.

My wife knows me and usually skidaddles out of the house with the youngin' or goes out of town when my audio buddies come and I live far enough away from my neighbors that playing extremely loud levels will not bother them. In other words, we can have fun listening for hours on end.

Tom
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Just be careful. Seen him start kissing audio buddies as the night progressed.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Just be careful. Seen him start kissing audio buddies as the night progressed.

They also go into prayer as the night goes long.
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • VR3
    Never go to Toms on Tuesday
  • txcoastal1
    Proves that white boys have no ri-dum
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Saved for later re-use lol
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • treitz3
    Hey man, I was in my own "White man can't dance groove". Kimmie laughed hard and simply shook her head, walking away rather ashamed when she saw that video. Dancing in 5 pound boots isn't the easiest but I made it look good, didn't I?

Okay, don't answer that.

Tom
  • txcoastal1
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Hey man, I was in my own "White man can't dance groove". Kimmie laughed hard and simply shook her head, walking away rather ashamed when she saw that video. Dancing in 5 pound boots isn't the easiest but I made it look good, didn't I?

Okay, don't answer that.

Tom

You ever seen a stomp dance...those work boots is all they wear...don't blame the shoes :)

• treitz3
    Yes, actually been to a couple of them. They are awesome.....but I wasn't stomp dancing. I was practicing my ballet.

2hqbl1oplgu1.png

Tom
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Notice how he wore the 5 pound work boots all over that carpet ...
  • treitz3
    Actually, Ron. You reminded me of something (getting back to audio).

The other day when I was listening to Yim Hok Man's "The Poet of Chinese Drums", the array of sounds from the lower octaves coming form the rig/Rythmik's were very much like what you would hear at a stomp dance.

The last one I went too, albeit many, many moons ago, was on a risen wooden planked stage and their were about 40-45 dancers on stage. I was about 30 rows back in the center isle (dead, smack center) with about 60 or so rows behind me in an auditorium of a High School. No amplification, no music, just the sounds of stomping on the stage by some really talented and tight dancers.

I always wondered back then if I would ever achieve a sound system that would even come close to this. Capturing the essence, the size of the venue, the sheer power and authority of the sound pressure coming up off that stage, along with the deep bass that emanated from up underneath that stage along with the crescendos that occur naturally during a proper stomp dance.

Your post made me think. While I may not be able to perfectly reproduce the sound I heard that day or at other stomp dancing concerts, I have become so incredibly close with what I have, it's almost hard to believe. I definitely have the ambience, power and authority. I can definitely and easily tell what size venue I am in during playback, whether it be a small nightclub, a small studio, an auditorium, an outdoor venue or a full blown Woodstock.

I believe the one thing that I did not get was the sheer power and authority of the sound pressure coming up off that stage, along with the deep bass that emanated from up underneath that stage. Even though the sound pressure in my room with these subs and mains will pound through your core and as quick as they come, they are gone.....it's just not quite the same. Those who have been to a stomp dance concert know, especially if that stage was lifted up off the ground and the entire stage literally becomes the biggest drum one has ever heard.

Don't get me wrong, I got a good sampling of it but I do not believe any sound system could emulate that correctly. It's like saying that your system could sound exactly like a train or a bolt of thunder. While there may be no replacement for displacement, systems will always have their limitations.

With that said, to put it into perspective? I have achieved every aspect of the stomp dance recreation in my room with the exception of that. Without the Rythmik's? I would be nowhere even close.

That's about the best way I can describe it to something you can relate too. Which reminds me, I need to look up where the next stomp dance off is. They are way-cool to attend and definitely an experience to behold.

Tom
  • Tom,
    I believe you are getting very close to "geek" territory but from a different direction. It's a good thing.

I like those drums. My first experience hearing huge percussion drums was at the 1996 Olympics. Everyday, there were performances of Japanese Taiko Drums on a huge raised stage in the park.

Most Coca-Cola employees were assigned an "Olympic Job" during the games. Already downtown at headquarters, I made a point of enjoying them as many times as possible. I thought the drums cast an unreal sensation in the park each time.

I know your Rythmik subs must sound great!
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited December 2019
    Tom..... I’m QUITE SURE I can’t afford them, but I’d love to see pics of the Tyler subs
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)